Freezer's playing up running on LPG (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Can anyone help! When we're on hook up its fine but just recently our freezer contents are going soggy on gas and the gas light is flickering on the control dial on our Dometic Hymer fridge unit. The gas cylinders are full up.
Has it packed in?
Any ideas?
Particularly annoying as we were going to pack it full to go to expensive Denmark next week....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sounds like the gas side needs a service, does it light on gas, can you hear the spark clicking and does any heat come from the right hand side of the top vent (assuming it has one).

Martin

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
When was the last time the flue was cleaned ? A common cause of fridge failure on gas.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can anyone help! When we're on hook up its fine but just recently our freezer contents are going soggy on gas and the gas light is flickering on the control dial on our Dometic Hymer fridge unit. The gas cylinders are full up.
Has it packed in?
Any ideas?
Particularly annoying as we were going to pack it full to go to expensive Denmark next week....
As you are in Norfolk if you wanna take a ride over to me I will sort it out for you mate..
Obviously no charge or anything..
Should take about 30 minutes or so :)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
thanks jaws very kind
We are in Germany though right now .
We have heard from previous owner that shifting from auto to gas on the dial might help so we are trying that.

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
We are in Spain with a similar problem. Had a habitation service two weeks ago so gas should be ok. Noticed this morning that fridge not working so have come to camp site for EHU. Still does not seem to be getting cold.
We have a Dometic tec tower in an N+B Arto. We don't speak Spanish and are inland near the Aire at Valderrobes. Anybody any ideas where we might find a dealer. Campsite lady said Amposta but we can't find anywhere there on Google and she does not have an address

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Unless you specially request it, a habitation service does not normally include a fridge service, as I found out two years ago when we had a similar problem to yourself.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
According to the Dometic manual, a fridge should be serviced at least once a year, if using gas regularly.

A fridge service engineer told me that if you have a blocked flue when travelling, that it may help to blow air from a garage air line up the flue, having first covered the burner to protect it from falling debris.

Last edited by a moderator:

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
You need to remove the burner unit from the bottom of the flu. There may be a very tiny gas jet inside the burner where the gas feed connects. This blocks up with tiny bits. If you find the jet only blow it clear do not poke anything like a needle in it as this may increase the jet size which lets more gas in. There is a number stamped on the jet note number down in case you need new one.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
There's a bit more to it than that and I believe there are threads on here giving a lot more detail. However, in essence. Remove both covers, undo burner assy and swing out so you can get access to bottom of flue. Remove top T piece and lift out baffle which will be hanging from a bridge on the top of the flue pipe. (If it is thick with soot it's almost certainly a good indicator of your flue needing cleaned. (Clean baffle)
Next, place a plastic bag at the bottom of the flue to collect soot and either clean the flue with a wire brush (fixed to a long stiff wire (coat hanger is good)) in both directions and/or get a length of thin cord (strong nylon would be perfect) tie a slip of cloth about two feet from the and pass through the flue and clean in both directions.
Re-assemble and your fridge should be working again.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Yes I know there is a bit more to it but fixed mine and a few more while we full timed for over 7 years but I now know PhilandMena I shall not give any advice in the future as you know it all

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks guys