Freeview TV on a Tablet

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Borderland, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Borderland

Borderland Funster

• Like Like x 1
  2. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

It still needs an aerial unfortunately and relies on normal broadcast TV transmitters - probably not so good when travelling. Tuners of this type have been around for a long time for PC / laptop and are brilliant for use at home (or on site) but they do need an aerial as good as the one you would use for your television.

3. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

There's an app called TVCatchup which does the same thing if you have access to half decent wifi. Not sure if it works outside the UK though.

http://tvcatchup.com

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have an app called uktv France. I don't know if it works as I only downloaded it yesterday and I am not in France.

5. sadlonelygit

sadlonelygit Read Only Funster

i have a little doobrey that i plug into my phone/tablet. a TV dongle. ok you have to retune it when you change areas, but i'm sure the same thing applies to your home tv. used it in france and picked up french telly no problems.
    small and compact and the proper aerial has a magnetic base so you can mount it high up for a decent reception
    just make sure your device is usb host enabled.........quite a few aren't (Tab 3 7", Fire HDX) and it won't work.