Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Mark has just come across a rather worrying article concerning FreeView weak signals (often happens when out and about ...) and the new G4 phone system ...

Click here to have a read of it

It looks as though the signal will effectively destroy weak FreeView signals, and they are being very nice and giving free sat to affected households, but I guess they aren't going to do that for motor homes :-(

I quote from the article :

"The 4G Freeview Fail as we’ve termed it refers to the fact that 4G mobile services, when they arrive on the 800MHz band of radio spectrum, will interfere with and disrupt Freeview broadcasts.

The 4G Freeview Fail could hundreds of thousands of homes from getting Freeview, forcing them to install signal amplifiers if they’re to continue watching Freeview."

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Mark has just come across a rather worrying article concerning FreeView weak signals (often happens when out and about ...) and the new G4 phone system ...

Click here to have a read of it

It looks as though the signal will effectively destroy weak FreeView signals, and they are being very nice and giving free sat to affected households, [HI]but I guess they aren't going to do that for motor homes :-([/HI]

I quote from the article :

"The 4G Freeview Fail as we’ve termed it refers to the fact that 4G mobile services, when they arrive on the 800MHz band of radio spectrum, will interfere with and disrupt Freeview broadcasts.

The 4G Freeview Fail could hundreds of thousands of homes from getting Freeview, forcing them to install signal amplifiers if they’re to continue watching Freeview."

Another "potential" reason why Satellite TV for the van is a good idea......:thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just ordered one from Phil at Rhino installs...........:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Got both but neither work here abit south of Cadiz:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi Malcolm,

Glad to see you got back on the road and have clocked up a few miles since Tyneside..:thumb:

I sailed through the Gibraltar Straits, (so just a tad south of Cadiz), 4 or 5 time in the last few weeks.

Most UK channels coming in ok albeit with low signal strength, we only lost Sky Sports 3 and 4, and Sky Sports News. Lost all the channels for a day during bad weather in the Med but I managed to get signal, and got them all back again when we arrived in Oristano in Sardinia.

Mind you, our dish is about 1.5m.....:RollEyes:

Hope to catch up somewhere soon...... Safe travels....::bigsmile:

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi Malcolm,

Glad to see you got back on the road and have clocked up a few miles since Tyneside..:thumb:

I sailed through the Gibraltar Straits, (so just a tad south of Cadiz), 4 or 5 time in the last few weeks.

Most UK channels coming in ok albeit with low signal strength, we only lost Sky Sports 3 and 4, and Sky Sports News. Lost all the channels for a day during bad weather in the Med but I managed to get signal, and got them all back again when we arrived in Oristano in Sardinia.

Mind you, our dish is about 1.5m.....:RollEyes:

Hope to catch up somewhere soon...... Safe travels....::bigsmile:

Yes we are back on an even keel. Will be crossing the straits in Jan. Not sure when we will be back in uk but will look up likely meets to see you. Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
when i get home i am getting the old sat dish and box out of the shed boge it up to work on the van he he :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back