Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I have no experience of changing from one to the other but I would imagine that you replace the Sky digibox with the Freesat box and away you go.

Phil.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
as the channels on both freesat and sky use the same frequencies and satellites, all you have to do is disconnect the sky box and connect the freesat box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jools

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Funster No
I bought a Humax box recently (£150) and had no problems installing it apart from understanding which cables to use. In the end I just connected it up to the tv with two of cables supplied and changed one of the settings as suggested on the screen.

Apart from that it does it all itself. Navigation around the menus is different to sky but easy enough.

I don't seem to be getting HD yet but am not being picky about that as the standard quality is excellent. When I get my head around it I will try to sort out the HD.. I must be getting on :Sad: as all this technology puts my head into a flat-spin. I find that if I let the instructions filter slowly into my mind then I usually get there in the end.

Programme choice is ok but I could do with less of the regional variations , s'pose I could delet them but it is handy sometimes to look at local news for somewhere else, especially the weather.

All in all am pleased with it as it's a lot simpler than sky and has less of the "crappy" programmes.

do it now ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back