Freeloading In Silves Now Come To An End... (1 Viewer)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We had a look at Silves whilst we were there but all three of the aires were absolutely chocker, a shame as the town itself looked very nice.

IMHO the problem is that too many people are staying for too long - surely the aires are only designed for short stays, say, up to a week. This would then give others, such as ourselves, the opportunity to visit. I'd be happy to pay €3 a night for parking and basic services if it meant some degree of control. Sorry if others feel differently but staying for long periods is surely against the principal of motorhoming.

We'll have another go next year and hope that the situation has settled down.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
To me an "aire" is a place near your route that you overnight on as you head to where you are going.

I don't consider the three places in Silves to be "aires". They are campsites. Two of them have showers, electricity, toilets and washing machines. The third one plans to have similar facilties in the future. They are campsites.

As far as I am concerned you can stay on a campsite as long as you want.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
"And maybe it will deter the "we want to pay nothing" brigade from staying too long."

Lol... and maybe €3 is low enough to keep away the snobby, "I can afford more than that and we don't want to mix with poor people anyway" brigade. :rofl:

PS. €3 per night is €21 a week... €84 per month! Too steep for me especially as I know 4 nice places within 10 kms which are FREE.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
PS. €3 per night is €21 a week... €84 per month! Too steep for me especially as I know 4 nice places within 10 kms which are FREE.

Being pedantic it's actually €91 pcm:)

Reactions: JJ

Deleted User
To me an "aire" is a place near your route that you overnight on as you head to where you are going.

I don't consider the three places in Silves to be "aires". They are campsites. Two of them have showers, electricity, toilets and washing machines. The third one plans to have similar facilties in the future. They are campsites.

As far as I am concerned you can stay on a campsite as long as you want.

What would be your definition of the situation that existed at Silves before the present 'improvements'

Not looking for an argument just interested.:)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I think this is all a bit of a sterile argument. Doesn't matter what you call a place does it? If YOU like it then stay there no matter what it is called. If not don't. Shouldn't need to give it a label to decide if you want to stay or not. That is the way I have always looked at it.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Dave, how are you? Did not cotton on it was you. They did not advertise it when we were there but we asked for it before we sat down at the table and they said yes no problem.

Peter
Hi Peter doing fine thanks and how are you?. Slight change of plan as there is a feria festival not far from Sanluca this weekend and we fancy having a look at that before Portugal,

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Peter doing fine thanks and how are you?. Slight change of plan as there is a feria festival not far from Sanluca this weekend and we fancy having a look at that before Portugal,
We are very well thanks. Not long back from 5 weeks in Italy which we enjoyed, but weather was not brilliant. Jealous of you being out there now. We may well fancy Portugal for an autumn trip.

Are you going to any meets or rallies this year? We have our name down for a few.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What would be your definition of the situation that existed at Silves before the present 'improvements'

Not looking for an argument just interested.:)

Improvements (so far) = water and (official) grey and black tank emptying (including drive over facilities for rufty tufty black tank sytems (not woosie cassette toy toilets.)

Hope this helps...

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Are you going to any meets or rallies this year? We have our name down for a few.
Seem to just be cancelling as not back till mid July, got the Upton Blues Festival pencilled in as should be that week then might see my mate @Terry about bunking in with him for a few days at York lol, just put name down on reserve list for saltfleet as well.
Look forward to meeting up
Cheers

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
a meet sounds good

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Seem to just be cancelling as not back till mid July, got the Upton Blues Festival pencilled in as should be that week then might see my mate @Terry about bunking in with him for a few days at York lol, just put name down on reserve list for saltfleet as well.
Look forward to meeting up
Cheers
Dave, We have our name down for the York rally so will see you there. Not going to any in August because we are away at daughter's in USA. After that not yet sure what we are doing.

Enjoy yourself wherever you are

Peter & Angela

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Silves

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
upton blues is wicked dave,was there 2 years ago

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Weathers crap here at the moment Bill and it's looking like till the end of the week before normal service, here for another couple of weeks tho before heading north

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Weather here in Calpe not to bad dull a lot of the time mostly dry with a few showers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back