Freeloader Portable Solar charger (1 Viewer)

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
I am not sure if these items have been mentioned before but I thought I would tell what I have found.

I have been using the Original Freeloader for about 4 years now and it works great. I keep it beside the window or on the dash while driving the motorhome.
st-freeloader.jpg

The small solar panels charge the central power storage pack while the panels are clipped onto place. The power storage pack then can be use as a charger when required. It comes with loads of fittings for connecting it to most small devices. The only downside is that it cannot charge a device while the panels are charging the power storage but this is not a problem once you get used to it.

I use it to charge our mobile phones and mp3 player while on the move.

I see there is now a Freeloader Pro version with larger panels which comes with a camcaddy to charge various batteries.

I will be ordering the pro to charge the batter for my cannon camera.
Price is pretty good too..

I hope this might be of use to someone....

Mark

OP
OP
blokarter

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Hi Graham

I did look at a supercharger which I was going to hang in the motorhome side window with suckers but don't really need the extra speed (yet)

I think the pro with the cam caddy will be best for me.

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That pro looks a nice piece of kit, Mark. I see from the Maplins web site that the cam caddy is available on its own so might look at that to see if it will link to what I already have.

I bought a solar charger for AAA/AA/C/D size batteries from Maplins a couple of years ago when it was on offer. Looks like they don't do that any more. Not as efficient as the Freeloader but it was a good buy at the price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back