Freeloader Portable Solar charger

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by blokarter, Mar 28, 2011.

1. blokarter

blokarter Read Only Funster

I am not sure if these items have been mentioned before but I thought I would tell what I have found.

I have been using the Original Freeloader for about 4 years now and it works great. I keep it beside the window or on the dash while driving the motorhome.
    [​IMG]

The small solar panels charge the central power storage pack while the panels are clipped onto place. The power storage pack then can be use as a charger when required. It comes with loads of fittings for connecting it to most small devices. The only downside is that it cannot charge a device while the panels are charging the power storage but this is not a problem once you get used to it.

I use it to charge our mobile phones and mp3 player while on the move.

I see there is now a Freeloader Pro version with larger panels which comes with a camcaddy to charge various batteries.

I will be ordering the pro to charge the batter for my cannon camera.
    Price is pretty good too..

I hope this might be of use to someone....

Mark

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I bought one a couple of years ago and was so impressed I bought the Supercharger as well.

3. blokarter

blokarter Read Only Funster

Hi Graham

I did look at a supercharger which I was going to hang in the motorhome side window with suckers but don't really need the extra speed (yet)

I think the pro with the cam caddy will be best for me.

Mark

4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

That pro looks a nice piece of kit, Mark. I see from the Maplins web site that the cam caddy is available on its own so might look at that to see if it will link to what I already have.

I bought a solar charger for AAA/AA/C/D size batteries from Maplins a couple of years ago when it was on offer. Looks like they don't do that any more. Not as efficient as the Freeloader but it was a good buy at the price.