FREE Worldwide broadband: 100mb x 3 months

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Minxy Girl, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We've just got a couple of sims to use as, once activated, you get 100mb of data per month for 3 months FREE OF CHARGE WITH EACH ONE which can be used ABROAD! :thumb:

They are:

Globalgig

MobiData

Both are offering free sims with a 'try before you buy' deal in effect giving you 100mb of data for 3 months FOR NOTHING - whilst this can be used in the UK it can be used ABROAD so is great for anyone wanting to just go on line for a small amount of time without having to buy a sim or pay hefty connection/roaming charges! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

The next good thing is that even if you go over the free 100mb of data, you only pay 15p per mb so not massive.

We got one from each provider as you're really restricted to 1 per household from each company, but if you have relatives/friends who you could send the sim to you could get extra ones! :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

• Like Like x 1
  3. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

If you only want emails (without attachments) 100mb might be enough but it will only give a few hours surfing. You would also need to ensure nothing tried to update itself otherwise the whole month's allowance could be gone in a flash. The cynic in me thinks their business plan is to get you to go over the allowance so they can sting you for £15 for every 100 mb you use above the measly limit.

If you are very disciplined and organised it sounds a good deal. Otherwise be careful!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spottycatz

Spottycatz Read Only Funster

I use 100 mb in five minutes :Eeek:

5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Thanks Addie, I thought I'd pasted the correct link for mobidata when I put the link on but it can't have worked! :Doh: I agree the mobidata site is awful.

I've already applied and got a mobidata sim and if is definitely 100mb for 3 months for free as I'm looking at the details they've sent me now - all I did was apply for the free sim. More info here:

https://mobi-data.co.uk/bespokeoffers/freesim/

I posted it simply in case someone just wants a basic sim for example to check on where a campsite is/what's in the area, to check their pre-payment card balance etc, not for serious web surfing!:Cool:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  6. steevie

steevie Funster

Bet if I joined they would go bust the day after, as when I joined Olivia. Still, it didn't cost owt.:Laughing:

7. ukbill

ukbill Funster

i still think the best deal is the europasim at 3e a day only charged when used its a good deal :Smile:

8. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

When does the 3 months start please? From the day you order or the day you first used? Thinking of getting one for our trip to the USA in August and wonder if I can buy it now