FREE UK TV wherever you are!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
This is the way i get my sports, watched the Utd game on wed, actually got a sky sports broadcast so it was in english.

1. Go to http://www.wiziwig.tv/
2. Click on live sports / football
3. Games listed. Find the game and click on LIVE on the right hand side.
4. Streams are then listed-
Bitrate shows the speed of the link.
[EN] – English streams
Any links can be used however Flash are normally good.

There's one not to be missed tomorrow, Iraq v Syria :ROFLMAO:

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
It's because I've got a MacBook I'm having trouble, as expat shield and hide ip are for PCs only.
Any others?
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Given the team composition it could easily be
Mancs Vs Other Mancs

Nobody speaks english there anyway:ROFLMAO:

At the risk of being accused of nitpicking, as JJ puts it at times, United started the game with 5 English and 1 N Ireland player with 6 English and 1 Welsh on the bench. City not so blessed with English players, and some injured anyway, started with 2 and 1 on the bench. But yes I get the point that not many of them speak English as we know it Jim. :winky:

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
I have just downloaded the Expat shield and it launches ok, but I still can't access itv player or i player it still tells me it is not available in my region. Spain.
Am i missing something or have I got it wrong. :Doh: : :Sad:
T

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I have just downloaded the Expat shield and it launches ok, but I still can't access itv player or i player it still tells me it is not available in my region. Spain.
Am i missing something or have I got it wrong. :Doh: : :Sad:
T

You will have to move pitches Tom, it works up this end. :winky::ROFLMAO:

You must be getting all the channels on your dish, ours is only a meter and get all the channels except Jane's favourite channel 5 so she can watch Neighbours. :RollEyes: Bob.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not sure why but no one seems to be willing to mention the very real antisocial side of internet television

Fine if you are using your own broadband connection, but not very socially aware if you are on a camp site or somewhere offering free wifi

Having witnessed first hand the effect on the average wifi system a couple of folk watching tv can have, I thought it worth mentioning

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
:RollEyes: ONLY available in the UK. :Blush:

Thats because you Puter is communicating with the site with a UK registered address. If you download Expat shield it masks this and you can watch TV catch-up wherever you are.

Keith :thumb:

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Blimey, just relised Im way behind the pack here. Do keep up Keith!!!

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
Hi just read this in the SUR sorry it is a bit long :thumb:

The loss of UK TV channels
SUR in English investigates speculation that some channels currently enjoyed by Sky subscribers living in Andalucía are about to disappear

13.12.12 - 16:31 -
GEORGE PRIOR |

Vote
javascript:votarticulo(1);javascript:votarticulo(2);javascript:votarticulo(3);javascript:votarticulo(4);javascript:votarticulo(5);

2 votes
star_on.gif
star_on.gif
star_on.gif
star_off.gif
star_off.gif

PrintSendRectify

Close Send news

Fill in the following fields to send this information to others.
NameEmail senderToEmail recipient

Reset Send

Close Rectify the news

Fill in all fields with details.
Name*Email*

* Required fieldsReset Send

tv253.jpg
Satellite dishes on an apartment block in Fuengirola. SUR

Speculation has been rife across southern Spain in recent weeks that subscribers to Sky, the digital satellite television and radio service from the British Sky Broadcasting Group, are about to lose certain channels, due to the service soon to be carried via a new satellite.
The rumours have, perhaps unsurprisingly, been met with dismay from the many thousands of British foreign residents who are currently able to enjoy their favourite programmes shown on the primary British television channels, including BBC 1, ITV and Channel 4, via the Sky platform.
SUR in English contacted Sky’s communications department several times for comment. It quickly became apparent that the corporation’s senior press officers did not know anything about the rumoured changes and, after waiting for two days for them to investigate, a spokesman simply told this newspaper: “Sky sells subscription services in the UK and Ireland and customers are only permitted to access their Sky services at their registered address.”
It was suggested that SES Astra, the Luxembourg-based company which operates the satellites over the UK and Europe, should be contacted for clarification. No-one, however, was available from the firm for “on-the-record interviews.”
Of the situation, Mark Wood of The Sky Doctor says: “These satellites have an orbit life of about 12 years so it was expected that at some point they would have to change. It has been talked about for a while that the Astra 2F satellite would replace Astra 1N, but we had no idea that the Astra 2F would have such a reduced spot beam. Some channels have already migrated, others will do so soon.”
Carl Smitham from Pro-Sky Communications comments: “This satellite [Astra 2F] has three beams, a UK spot beam, a European beam, and a west African beam. The UK spot beam is extremely tight to cover as much of the UK as possible.
“However it is still possible [to reach a signal] outside of the UK, and actually covers most of France and Spain, but Andalucía seems to be a major issue with reception of this particular beam.”
Jason Wild from Future Lifestyle Installations explains: “This will mean BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, ITV 1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 will no longer be available in southern Europe using the usual satellite dishes. Sky subscription channels, such as Sky One, Sky Sports and Sky Movies, on the whole, should not be affected.
“And if you possess Sky HD with subscription box you should still be able to receive ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and Channel 5 in HD.”
When?
So, when do they expected that the ‘freeview’ channels will be lost due to the switchover to a UK satellite beam from the current European one being used?
It seems it is a question of ‘wait and see’.
“The switchover is taking place as we speak. ITV, 4Seven and Channel 5’s selection of channels are the first to go. Expect more to disappear gradually, but there is no official date - but two we have heard of are the 16th of this month but also the first few days of January,” says Jason Wild.
Similarly, Carl Smitham affirms: “This Sunday, 16th of December, is, apparently, the day of gloom. But this is not guaranteed, although it is from a good source. More recently, I found out that the changes may not occur until mid 2013.”
However, The Sky Doctor’s Mark Wood, believes that the change will not happen before Christmas. He says: “No-one really knows as we’re all in the hands of SES Astra; they are the only ones who know and they’re not very forthcoming with such details.
“My hunch is that it [the switching of satellites] will not take place this month. I expect it will happen in the early part of 2013.”
The BBC comments on the changes on its blog
In a recent blog post, the BBC’s Director of Distribution, Alix Pryde, writes: “In February 2012, SES retired [the satellite] Astra 2D and BBC services moved to a new temporary home on Astra 1N. Astra 1N is due to take up its permanent position in 2013 (19°East), so the BBC’s services will move to their new permanent home on Astra 2E (28.2°East) when that becomes operational … during summer 2013.
“In all likelihood the move of BBC services from 1N to their new permanent homes will have no impact on UK households. Astra 2E and 2F have the same, tighter but slightly more powerful UK spot beams which means that UK households should get a slightly stronger signal.
“The overspill of the BBC’s services will [however] be reduced so viewers outside the UK will find it even harder to receive them. I know that this causes unhappiness to some of you living outside the UK. However, it is entirely appropriate because the BBC domestic services are for people living in the UK only. For viewers outside the UK, BBC Worldwide offers a number of channels which are available in various territories.”
The internet: the future of watching British television in Spain?
Even a three metre dish, which would be prohibitively large and costly for many people, would not be able to resolve the issue of a loss of certain channels, say experts contacted by SUR in English.
This, according to many, means that streaming programmes through the internet will provide the best, if not only, way to watch the likes of BBC 1 and 2 in southern Spain.
Fuengirola resident and Sky viewer, Mary Worsley, says: “I guess that what they say about the internet being the future of watching television is true!
“But for me, as someone, who rarely uses the internet and who doesn’t possess a computer, it’s quite a daunting prospect - a prospect I’m dreading as TV is a vital link to ‘home’ for me and many others, especially the elderly.”

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Full of inaccuracies and incorrect information, which is WHY there is so much confusion and panic.

"Speculation has been rife across southern Spain in recent weeks that subscribers to Sky, the digital satellite television and radio service from the British Sky Broadcasting Group, are about to lose certain channels, due to the service soon to be carried via a new satellite." - well the new satellites have been known about for over 18 months now, as have their new UK beams.....so its not really a surprise, but perhaps to many who do not know about this as many installers have continued to install and not exactly mentioned to their clients about these changes.

"The rumours have, perhaps unsurprisingly, been met with dismay from the many thousands of British foreign residents who are currently able to enjoy their favourite programmes shown on the primary British television channels, including BBC 1, ITV and Channel 4, via the Sky platform." - it also affects Freesat and free to air - giving the impression it only affects sky box users.

"SUR in English contacted Sky’s communications department several times for comment. It quickly became apparent that the corporation’s senior press officers did not know anything about the rumoured changes" - why would Sky know anything about changes made by BBC ITV C4 and Fives, as those channels are nothing to do with Sky. Nor do Sky have any say in which satellite or satellite beam or reception outside the UK these channels want or are on.

It was suggested that SES Astra, the Luxembourg-based company which operates the satellites over the UK and Europe, should be contacted for clarification. No-one, however, was available from the firm for “on-the-record interviews.” - should have looked on their Facebook page where they have been posting some limited information.

"but we had no idea that the Astra 2F would have such a reduced spot beam." - well the footprint maps for the UK beam have been available for several months now, so reduced reception was not unexpected.

“This will mean BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 3, BBC 4, ITV 1, Channel 4 and Channel 5 will no longer be available in southern Europe using the usual satellite dishes." - no - it simply means that people may have to get larger satellite dishes to receive the channels...the signal will be there, but you just need a larger dish to capture it

"Sky subscription channels, such as Sky One, Sky Sports and Sky Movies, on the whole, should not be affected." - yes they will. All channels, free and Sky, on Astra 1n, 2a and 2b will all be moving to the new satellites, 2e, 2f, and 2g, and reception of these channels can be affected.

“And if you possess Sky HD with subscription box you should still be able to receive ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 and Channel 5 in HD.” - assuming they stay encrypted and dont go free to air, and join their SD chanenls on the UK beam.

"but two we have heard of are the 16th of this month but also the first few days of January,” - rumoured and noting confirmed by any channels or Astra.

“This Sunday, 16th of December, is, apparently, the day of gloom. But this is not guaranteed, although it is from a good source." - rumoured and noting confirmed by any channels or Astra.

"More recently, I found out that the changes may not occur until mid 2013.” - well a BBC blog, mentioned later in the article, states BBC chanenls will not move until "summer 2013". But there is nothing about any of the Sky or ITV or C4 channels.....

“No-one really knows as we’re all in the hands of SES Astra; they are the only ones who know and they’re not very forthcoming with such details." - something that is correct!!!

"Even a three metre dish, which would be prohibitively large and costly for many people, would not be able to resolve the issue of a loss of certain channels, say experts contacted by SUR in English." - you will not know until it happens, as no-one can know what reception of a satellite will be like that is scheduled for launch in 3 months time will be!!!

""Even a three metre dish, which would be prohibitively large and costly for many people" - well it is what has been used in the Costa Blanca for several years now, it is just that many peopel have enjoyed the "bonus" reception on their smaller dishes for so long they simply do not want a "big dish".

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back