Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
You can get a 3 deal with a samsung Ace phone, for £10 / £12 a month. Says it uses 3 with adverts, and every one of the testimonies mentions the adverts, so obviously a big part of your browsing. So tether your phone if you have unlimited internet access, costs you nothing extra, and not what looks like bombarded by adverts.:RollEyes:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
am on PAYGO, with the phone £20 lasts me 8 months or so. do all my talking on here or skype.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

It is ok for the odd browse and I even streamed a football match, it tethered from the iPhone as well. It would benefit from having a usage cut off for heavy stuff eg windows update as when I used the USB dongle in pc it went way over and they stopped account. Using iPhone to give you this feedback Roger which is not easy Lol
Let us know if you need more info
Steve:thumb:

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I use Samba in the iPad 3, very good signal and performance. When I was in Norfolk a few weeks ago and the 02 dongle was crap, the Samba sim performed great. Free Internet cant be bad :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
How much credit will I earn by watching an advert?

On average, each advert you watch will give you 3.5MB of free data. Most people watch three adverts per day, giving them enough data to view 30 average web pages and send 100 emails.
Is there a limit to the amount of ads I can watch?

In general, you can watch as many ads as you like. In the first few weeks after launch, our range of adverts will still be building up and, if you’re a heavy internet user, you may run out of adverts to view. In this case, you can buy a Samba cash top-up at very competitive rates.

So you may not be able to watch enough ads to give you enough credit for your usage...but they do let you pay for extra usage though :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
I have an HTC Wildfire on Talkmobile at £12 per month, includes 100 minutes, 100 texts and unlimited internet on the vodafone network. 2 year contract. pretty good!::bigsmile:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
To add some more
It is on the 3 network and coverage was good
I bought the mini sim and it works well in the iPhone, I also bought the larger sim for the dongle this also worked well
You do get enough adverts for normal needs the only downside was as stated when windows downloaded an update

I would recommend it for the price as the adverts are not usually that long, you need to be wary that some adverts are temperamental but if you get one use the slider to shorten time

For the price 7/10

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back