Free to good home at Lincoln Show (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Clearing out the garage I came across the old lighting/number plate board from the trailer one of our sons had years ago. It's been stuck in a corner of the garage for years so is dirty but should clean up. It looks complete but I don't know if it still works - or even if the plug is wired correctly (it would certainly need checking).

I can bring it to Lincoln next week if anybody wants to risk it :Smile: Please send PM (first come first served) :Smile:

Graham

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no sticking it in my box

Clearing out the garage I came across the old lighting/number plate board from the trailer one of our sons had years ago. It's been stuck in a corner of the garage for years so is dirty but should clean up. It looks complete but I don't know if it still works - or even if the plug is wired correctly (it would certainly need checking).

I can bring it to Lincoln next week if anybody wants to risk it :Smile: Please send PM (first come first served) :Smile:

Graham

No dumping that in my box of freebees' (to big).. but seriously why do we not have a central collection box for all those motorhome bits we do not want and then anyone can take out an item if it is any good to them.. I still have a half full box (or is it a half empty box???)... anyway just an idea.

Bob:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No dumping that in my box of freebees' (to big).. but seriously why do we not have a central collection box for all those motorhome bits we do not want and then anyone can take out an item if it is any good to them.. I still have a half full box (or is it a half empty box???)... anyway just an idea.Bob:thumb:
Don’t tell the car booters amongst us could be a stampede. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Really appreciate it Graham ! Bloody tow bar and other odds and sods are costing a fortune so this is a very worthwhile saving !! Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As long as it is physically there ( so to speak ! ) any issues or problems can easily be sorted Graham.. no worries at all :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No dumping that in my box of freebees' (to big).. but seriously why do we not have a central collection box for all those motorhome bits we do not want and then anyone can take out an item if it is any good to them.. I still have a half full box (or is it a half empty box???)... anyway just an idea.

Bob:thumb:

good idea Bob but just one flaw.....who gets to task the box of left over tat home with them ?

if i took a item to give away i wouldnt want to cart it back home again if no-one wanted it. :Doh::winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But I would not mind taking something back home if it was unwanted..

What if said collection box could only be added to if an owner label and contact email /fone number was attached ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But I would not mind taking something back home if it was unwanted..

What if said collection box could only be added to if an owner label and contact email /fone number was attached ?

not 100% satisfactory but it could work.
there may still be some who would 'forget' to retrieve their unwanted kit though, which still leaves the onus on someone to get rid of it off site.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahhh, but with the owners name etc on the item they stand a good chance of the show ground contacting them and charging for disposal..
Though actually... Anyone not wanting to drag stuff home can always put it in one of the many skips placed around the showgrounds ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back