Free standing electric heater recommendations please? (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've ordered one of the Russell Hobbs off ebay - I'll report when it arrives.

Just arrived.

For only 2kW it seems to be belting out a fair bit of heat. Of course, 2kW is 2kW but if it pumps the air out at a higher than usual temperature it will feel like more heat even though it is the same 2kW as every other heater.

Noise: Nothing special. A lowish tone, lowish speed so I can live with it.

Safety: no cut off it it's knocked over, maybe that is why it's now discontinued. However it is quite square to pretty stable.

Two power settings: 3.5A and 11A which is useful for hookup.

Bottom line: Nothing special.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Brian check the bumph --chances are if it gets knocked over and overheats it will have a safety cut out.They usually reset after they have cooled off.
terry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian check the bumph --chances are if it gets knocked over and overheats it will have a safety cut out.They usually reset after they have cooled off.
terry

It does say "Household Use. Do not immerse in water".

But I can see two different cut-outs just above the element.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
heaters

Hi guys,
Just wondering why you would need to buy another heater for your van, our m/h of 2001 vintage came with a standard fit Trumatic Ultraheat 3 heat settings 500w, 1500w or 2000w with or without a fan works off gas or 240v and that is excellent, certainly gives out enough heat to keep us comfortable whilst I have been doing some jobs in it over the winter days.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi guys,
Just wondering why you would need to buy another heater for your van, our m/h of 2001 vintage came with a standard fit Trumatic Ultraheat 3 heat settings 500w, 1500w or 2000w with or without a fan works off gas or 240v and that is excellent, certainly gives out enough heat to keep us comfortable whilst I have been doing some jobs in it over the winter days.

Ours does not have the electric option.

For an all winter job it might be better to wear out a £20 heater rather than the van one.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
open eyes

Ours does not have the electric option.

For an all winter job it might be better to wear out a £20 heater rather than the van one.

Ahhh I`m beginning to get the picture, a tad slow on the uptake there, point taken.
Had a couple of batteries this morning with the copterx, just need to tweek that gyro a tad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Rob, my van has only truma gas heater so I use the leccy one when on hook-up :thumb: The same reason we use both gas and leccy kettle:thumb: gas and leccy cooker/ hob :thumb: gas oven and leccy Ramoska :thumb: :ROFLMAO: cover all options :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back