Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi,

I am new to this forum and am interested in Freelanderuk's experience with his TV from TV villlage. Is there a way of keeping the LNB power on from the TV whilst getting the satellite dish positioned. I have found that the LNB power switches off after 15 secs if no signal is found, which then switches off the power to my sat finder linked to the dish. So I have 15 secs to point the dish in the right direction, of restart the process from the TV. Any help or advice would be appreciated. The Tech guys at Cello tell me that this is the way the system in the TV is set up and can't be changed.

Thanks for any advice

pm sent:Smile:

hi
i found that pressing a button on the remote instantly powers up the lnb when it has gone of , i dont have the van handy to try but i think its the sat button on the remote, it can be a bit of a pain but i try to get the dish in the right position and the elevation set approx before i power up the lnb , i have a camos flat sat and generally i am able to set up before it goes out , i also have a signal finder in line that buzzes as i approach the sat , this aids and speeds up the process
any more question please ask
cheers
chris

Steve_UK

Free Member
May 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper Clubman GL
Exp
Since May 2012
Hi,

I am new to this forum and am interested in Freelanderuk's experience with his TV from TV villlage. Is there a way of keeping the LNB power on from the TV whilst getting the satellite dish positioned. I have found that the LNB power switches off after 15 secs if no signal is found, which then switches off the power to my sat finder linked to the dish. So I have 15 secs to point the dish in the right direction, of restart the process from the TV. Any help or advice would be appreciated. The Tech guys at Cello tell me that this is the way the system in the TV is set up and can't be changed.

Thanks for any advice

Hi there. I have just bought a 19" Cello TV/DVD/Sat combination which has the same issue. I've found that if you press the "Guide" (or EPG?) button as soon as you switch the TV to satellite and before it displays "No Signal" and turns off power to the LNB, the power stays on. It seems to be indefinitely as well - at least I've tried it for 15 to 20 minutes.

Hope that helps!

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back