Free parking lancaster

Discussion in 'England' started by Wildbill, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

I am possibly going over to Lancaster this week my work drags me over that way is there any good free parking or pub stops
    bill

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Tell Tootles to shift his van off his drive and camp there :D

3. Cal54

Cal54 Funster Life Member

No such thing as free in Lancaster I'm afraid; they charge for even half an hour. Your best bet is to find a pub that will allow you to overnight as there are no car parks that permit this even if you were prepared to pay. Morecambe however is different, you can park on the front without restriction.
    Beware of traffic problems Bill, at present sewers being replaced and by-pass built so it is chaotic at times.
    Best option I can offer is to head for Asda as they appear to allow overnight parking (often see I.O.M vans there).

4. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

it's ok some other mug is getting sent up there I am of to Holland to look at sum equipment:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arnica

Arnica Read Only Funster

Drive N East out of Morecambe on the A5105 Coastal Road, as the road turns away from the prom there is a side road which leads to a gym where there is space for a medium sized outfit to park up away from the main road. (have seen the occasional MH there, good spot for bird watching depending on tide).
    Tempting go further round to Hest Bank but you will encounter NO overnight signs.