Free motorhome dimensions sticker

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by CaravanGuard, Mar 18, 2009.

1. CaravanGuard

CaravanGuard Read Only Funster

Dear all,

Caravan Guard insurance have seen an increasing number of accidents involving motorhome roof damage caused by low barriers / bridges / car parks etc We believe there are a number of things which are causing this: the 'car-like' drive of newer motorhomes, their increasing size, sat-navs sending motorhomers down unsuitable roads, and converting between the different units of measurement (i.e. imperial and metric) when travelling around eruope.

In response to this growing problem Caravan Guard have produced some free stickers which can be placed on your fold down sun visor and filled in with your motorhomes height, width and length in both imperial and metric units.

You can get a sticker sent out to you completely free of charge, and with free postage here: www.caravanguard.co.uk/motorhomesticker

Best regards,

Caravan Guard Ltd

2. 656

656 Read Only Funster

I guess that is one way to farm Insurance renewal dates along with all the relevent information. I suggest as you are a trade member that you contact Jim to get the relevent monica under your name - Trade Member. Link is up on the top menu bar.

3. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

I agree just an invitation to be bombarded with junk mail:Sad:

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Don't knock em lads I thought it was a very well thought out and aimed marketing strategy. you dont have to take up their offer:Doh:
    It looks like they have taken the time to read the odd post or two and you never know they might even take up some of Jims Bargain price add space :thumb:
    Now all they have to do is sort me out some good Bargain price Insurance for an RV, and if they really want to win the hearts of members come up with some Full timing cover too
    Geo:thumb:

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:... I won't hold my breath ..

6. CaravanGuard

CaravanGuard Read Only Funster

I emailed Jim to ask if we could post this offer and he was happy with it as we are not selling the sticker, and are not advertising our products.

It is a free and voluntary offer of an item which could help many motorhomers avoid damage.

best regards,

Caravan Guard Ltd

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

Another way is to make your own up.

Simply measure the dimensions of your mh and print them. You can make it look even more professional by using various graphics on your pc such as bold red circles and inserting the max measurement.

Bonus to this of course is less junk mail coming through your door!

Make your own stickers and SAVE THE PLANET!! :Rofl1:

8. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

Can't believe people want a sticker to remind them of these basic measurements ;but if your memory is that bad:Doh:

View attachment 2284

stick one of these on the windscreen (you can download these from the web):BigGrin:
    Regards

9. Jim

Jim Ringleader

As far as I am aware; If your vehicle is 3m (9' 10" high or more then its a legal requirement that you have a sticker and that the figures on that sticker have to be at least 3 inches high! :Smile:

10. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Surely this aid is beneficial, I have my own printed out in FT and Mtrs.
    As it has been said why knock someone for giving something away. As far as I can see no one is being forced to apply for them.

11. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

You could be right the image was just an example, and would imagine most motorhomes are below your 3m high legal limet.

Is this a legal requirement just for HGV's , When i was looking at purchasing a motorhome, and i did look at a lot and to be honest never seen such a sticker.

IMHO if you don't know your vehical height then you shouldn't be on the road.

Regards

12. keith

keith Funster

I have owned 4 M/H's, all different heights, & I'm old so I don't trust much to memory. :Doh:
    I made my own sticker when I bought my M/H (in meters & feet) I may not refer to it often, but I would rather check it than open a new roof vent. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Dose it realy matter if it's a requirement or not? If it helps one member it is worth it. See a recent post by 'Teasy' on how close they came to a disaster. :Eeek:

13. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I am happy to get a free sticker.

Generally phone around each year for best quote anyway so really doesn't hurt does it?

More trade members the better IMHO:Wink:

14. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Yep, me too - and it includes length, width, fuel capacity, and water and waste capacities, (just as a reminder about payload more than anything else :RollEyes:) but it's not in pretty blue colour just a credit card sized laminated white card (bo-o-o-o-o-oring :Laughing:)

John

15. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I have made up one of these too!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Left<<<<<<<<<<aisle>>>>>>>>>Right

16. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

If you don't trust your memory then you have done the sensible thing and made your own sticker.

As for does it matter if its a legal requirment or not, i dissagree if it is a legal requirement as Jim say's then members with motorhomes in access of 3M would be liable if they did not display a sticker 3" high:Sad:

Maybe caravan guard need to review their sticker:Rofl1:

17. Jim

Jim Ringleader

It is the law

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/tss/general/pbsgpg/bridgestrikesoperation.pdf

Of course most people are going to remember the height of their vehicle, but I am sure many of us have had to stop and think for a second or two at a height barrier, especially in a new vehicle so a reminder is a good idea. I am sure that it is not the law because of those of us with bad memories, rather its for those HGV drivers that are in a different vehicle every day.

Fact is most lutons are over 10 feet so we should all have the sticker. Me I am 14ft and 16 when I forget to lower the TV Ariel

18. keith

keith Funster

Sorry, misunderstanding. I meant even if it's not a legal requirement just do it, you know it makes sense. :BigGrin:

19. sinbad1

sinbad1 Deleted User

I know what your saying, most of the motorhomes excluding luton and rv's and alike are around the 2.8m - 3.0m not difficult to remember, mines 2.95m to be honest i don't think i'll forget that ;but as you say doesn't harm to have a reminder.

Regards

20. tofo

tofo Funster

well i have asked for one
    saves me the bother of getting/making one
    e mails go to the the alternative e mail address and computer
    for junk mails/not sure pile and wait
    dosnt matter if i open them then