Free Full Version Of Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Greetings from Windows 10.

So far spent ages turning lots of ON to OFF. Using all my old software. Display seems sharper. But otherwise not seen anything mind blowing over W7. I don't appear to have lost anything.

Immediately obvious was that it's geared as a sales device. "Can I share your preferences with our suppliers ? ", "NO F*** OFF".

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The main differences I can see are that the Start Menu is back instead of the tiles and switch off is at the bottom left, again, instead of right. Otherwise it's running not much differently from 8.1.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
One thing I noticed, and when I Googled for more info, it appears to be a common problem, ie, the single finger scroll function on the Synaptic touch pad (laptop) has been disabled.
Apparently there is nothing you can do about it, until a Win10 update is available for it. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Otherwise it's running not much differently from 8.1.

I've a bad feeling with it. This "drive" a M$ cloud it's trying to force on me, ccleaner cannot stop it loading !!

And trying to take me to M$ shops.

This is more Apple than Apple.

I don't think it will last the month.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've a bad feeling with it. This "drive" a M$ cloud it's trying to force on me, ccleaner cannot stop it loading !!

And trying to take me to M$ shops.

This is more Apple than Apple.

I don't think it will last the month.
One Drive and Store are listed in the apps on our machines, Brian, but we don't get any nags or attempts to take us there. Maybe some of the settings need adjusting.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Greetings from Windows 7.

I saw no benefit in W10 and I'm not going to be a pawn in M$ game.

>> Brian, but we don't get any nags or attempts to take us there.

They are always lurking waiting for that moment's lapse in concentration when they will pounce. Stuff 'em. W7 is doing all I want.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Greetings from Windows 7.

I saw no benefit in W10 and I'm not going to be a pawn in M$ game.

>> Brian, but we don't get any nags or attempts to take us there.

They are always lurking waiting for that moment's lapse in concentration when they will pounce. Stuff 'em. W7 is doing all I want.
We proper computerers are wise to them :D Comes of not wasting time in Bruges :ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
W7 is doing all I want.

XP was doing all I wanted but this new PC came with 8.1 which I didn't like but I'm very pleased with 10 now I've gone for it. So much so that my lappy runs 7 and I'm upgrading that.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
A couple of questions for you early adopters. I've being using onedrive for about 6mths now without hassle and find it very useful. I use it purely to save files that I need to be portable and accessed across different platforms eg. Win7 to Andriod. I will not exceed the (is it 5g) free limit though and have to subscribe. 95% of stuff I keep locally on my machine at home backed up to a external HHD.

What difference does Win10 make with it? Does it keep defaulting to onedrive?

Second question, the popup invitation I got says that Win 10 has being cleared for all apps and data I have. Do apps in this case mean programs?

I was considering upgrading.

Dick

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A couple of questions for you early adopters. I've being using onedrive for about 6mths now without hassle and find it very useful. I use it purely to save files that I need to be portable and accessed across different platforms eg. Win7 to Andriod. I will not exceed the (is it 5g) free limit though and have to subscribe. 95% of stuff I keep locally on my machine at home backed up to a external HHD.

What difference does Win10 make with it? Does it keep defaulting to onedrive?

Second question, the popup invitation I got says that Win 10 has being cleared for all apps and data I have. Do apps in this case mean programs?

I was considering upgrading.

Dick
Yes, apps means programs. It helps some people (not Funsters I'm sure) understand, being only one syllable :D

Our machines certainly don't default to onedrive but that could be because we don't use it, never have and never will. As a result of my years in Information Security I simply will not use cloud services as I don't trust any of them. Continuous backup to a NAS drive plus regular backups to a number of external drives stored in different places does me fine :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back