Free Member
Mar 2, 2016
Upper Halling, Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all just came across this whilst surfing. Its a free pdf download of a 2016 list of french aires with photos and services, it is all in french, but really quite self explanatory.At least it might save buying "all the Aires " books. If you log on to www.icampingcar.fr/ that will take you to the first page.Click on "clicquez ici pour visiteur le site" that will take you to the page offering the free download in PDF, click on "telechargement gratuite pdf" this will take you to a page where you need to enter your name and email address then click envoyer (send).
You should then after a couple of minutes receive an email from "i-campingcar", click on the "Telechargement-gratuitement" box, this will open the file download box. Click on "save". And either save this zipped file to your documents or downloads files. There are 690 pages with photographs so it does take a while to download. Good luck and hope this helps. Luke

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How would you use it when out on the road?
What do you think would be the benefit of a 690 page PDF compared with Campercontact or any of the other phone based apps, or websites ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
How would you use it when out on the road?
What do you think would be the benefit of a 690 page PDF compared with Campercontact or any of the other phone based apps, or websites ?

Doesn't require data to access once downloaded, easy to read on a tablet / PC. Nicer to browse I would suspect.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Doesn't require data to access once downloaded, easy to read on a tablet / PC. Nicer to browse I would suspect.
Campercontact works offline too, so no internet connection required. Others may offer similar benefits
Any paper based directory seems so painfully outdated nowadays as there is no search facility and one that is a PDF even more so.
Maybe I'm missing the point, but to me it's like using a paper map, instead of using satnav.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Campercontact works offline too, so no internet connection required. Others may offer similar benefits
Any paper based directory seems so painfully outdated nowadays as there is no search facility and one that is a PDF even more so.
Maybe I'm missing the point, but to me it's like using a paper map, instead of using satnav.

What device do you read PDFs on? I can search PDFs on iPad and am pretty sure that you android devices allow searching.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've just downloaded it and opened it in a PDF editor so that I can add my own notes and highlight places to go to. Thanks @Motorhome Man

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Apologies to @Motorhome Man if my comments seemed surly

I guess I'm a child of the digital age, and embrace whatever makes trip planning quicker and easier

I don't like reading books - but I guess they have their place, and what suits me may not suit others.

Enjoy your find and enjoy your travels

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
As we are going to France later in the year I'm sure it will come in handy. We have the Camper-contact, all the aires and numerous POI downloads on our mapping program but you can never have enough resources. Thanks for guiding us through the process it made it very easy. I will google translate the icons and then it will be a useful tool for our trip. Many Thanks.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Thanks MHM, have just downloaded it.(y)

Our son who does most of his work via smartphone/internet refuses to have a satnav. He reckons you don't get a proper idea of where you are going (the journey, not the destination). He prefers to use a map so he has a better sense of orientation.
I like to have both and I like the idea of downloading a pdf version to have a look at when parked up somewhere. I have used the campingcar-infos memory stick in the past which you could look at off line;)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've downloaded it for a look and while it's probably a useful resource it can't really be suggested as a replacement for All the Aires or Campercontact purely because it doesn't list anything like as many locations - 690 pages at 3 max per page works out to just over 2000 locations. That doesn't compare to 3300 in All the Aires and 4600 just for France alone on Camper Contact.

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Is this what you were after?

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
I've been using icampingcars information for a number of years and have frequently found that they list places not found on Campercontact and certainly not on "Some of The Aires".
Although Campercontact is very convenient I still prefer my own collection of personally tried and tested sites which I carry on an Excel Spreadsheet on my Hudl, easy to search and carries all of my notes and info.
None of the data files available show every place.
Everyone to their own.

Most of us started with Archie's which was, and still is, very useful.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back