Free French Aires PDF

Discussion in 'France' started by Motorhome Man, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Motorhome Man

Motorhome Man Funster

Hi all just came across this whilst surfing. Its a free pdf download of a 2016 list of french aires with photos and services, it is all in french, but really quite self explanatory.At least it might save buying "all the Aires " books. If you log on to www.icampingcar.fr/ that will take you to the first page.Click on "clicquez ici pour visiteur le site" that will take you to the page offering the free download in PDF, click on "telechargement gratuite pdf" this will take you to a page where you need to enter your name and email address then click envoyer (send).
    You should then after a couple of minutes receive an email from "i-campingcar", click on the "Telechargement-gratuitement" box, this will open the file download box. Click on "save". And either save this zipped file to your documents or downloads files. There are 690 pages with photographs so it does take a while to download. Good luck and hope this helps. Luke

• Thanks Thanks x 9
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Best if downloaded and opened via winzip

3. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

How would you use it when out on the road?
    What do you think would be the benefit of a 690 page PDF compared with Campercontact or any of the other phone based apps, or websites ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Doesn't require data to access once downloaded, easy to read on a tablet / PC. Nicer to browse I would suspect.

5. Robert Clark

Campercontact works offline too, so no internet connection required. Others may offer similar benefits
    Any paper based directory seems so painfully outdated nowadays as there is no search facility and one that is a PDF even more so.
    Maybe I'm missing the point, but to me it's like using a paper map, instead of using satnav.

6. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Thank you Motorhome Man. I am always interested to see photos of Aires. Please don't be discouraged from posting anything you feel might be of interest. It may not be of interest to everyone but it will be to others(y)

• Like Like x 6
  7. Mattyjwr

What device do you read PDFs on? I can search PDFs on iPad and am pretty sure that you android devices allow searching.

8. webby1

webby1 Funster

I thought it was a great little find and thanks for posting...................of course it won't suit everyone ????

Easily searchable with most/all PDF viewers and doesn't require data connection to look at the photos and information on the laptop 15 in screen. Oh and I love paper maps as well

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattyjwr

I've just downloaded it and opened it in a PDF editor so that I can add my own notes and highlight places to go to. Thanks @Motorhome Man

10. Robert Clark

Apologies to @Motorhome Man if my comments seemed surly

I guess I'm a child of the digital age, and embrace whatever makes trip planning quicker and easier

I don't like reading books - but I guess they have their place, and what suits me may not suit others.

Enjoy your find and enjoy your travels

• Like Like x 5
  11. Motorhome Man

Motorhome Man Funster

Thanks Robert, we are all entitled to our opinions, and no offence taken. This is what I like about these forums,and thanks to everyone else for their replies. Happy motorhoming to all. Regards Luke

• Like Like x 6
  12. Jagtazman

Jagtazman Funster

Cool thx

13. travelbunyip

travelbunyip Funster

As we are going to France later in the year I'm sure it will come in handy. We have the Camper-contact, all the aires and numerous POI downloads on our mapping program but you can never have enough resources. Thanks for guiding us through the process it made it very easy. I will google translate the icons and then it will be a useful tool for our trip. Many Thanks.

14. ojibway

ojibway Funster

Thanks MHM, have just downloaded it.(y)

Our son who does most of his work via smartphone/internet refuses to have a satnav. He reckons you don't get a proper idea of where you are going (the journey, not the destination). He prefers to use a map so he has a better sense of orientation.
    I like to have both and I like the idea of downloading a pdf version to have a look at when parked up somewhere. I have used the campingcar-infos memory stick in the past which you could look at off line;)

15. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

I've downloaded it for a look and while it's probably a useful resource it can't really be suggested as a replacement for All the Aires or Campercontact purely because it doesn't list anything like as many locations - 690 pages at 3 max per page works out to just over 2000 locations. That doesn't compare to 3300 in All the Aires and 4600 just for France alone on Camper Contact.

16. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:thanks5:

17. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

The site also has a satnav poi file for free download.

18. crabman

crabman Funster

it wont take me to www.icampingcar.fr/ so I can get to clicquez ici pour visiteur le site, I must be doing something wrong, i will the give the laptop a kick that might help :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sabino

Sabino Funster

20. crabman

crabman Funster

yes thats the one thanks

crabs