Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Is it possible to recieve Eurosport for free. I was informed that German Eurosport is free, if this is true has anyone the settings.

I have an Oyster Vision II connected to a mini 12v skybox.

On another note is the Skybox best for travelling in Europe or should I acquire a FTA box.

Not very technically minded, this may be a silly post.

Trevor

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Tried my system yesterday for the first time, i only seemed to get german channels one of which was eurosport.
So i am going to read up on thr manual to find out how to pick up 'normal' channels. It's all trial and error. Will get there eventually.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Is it possible to recieve Eurosport for free. I was informed that German Eurosport is free, if this is true has anyone the settings.

On another note is the Skybox best for travelling in Europe or should I acquire a FTA box.

Trevor

If you are planning to use Satellites other than Astra2 then you will need a FTA box.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Trevor

The Sky Box is pretuned to UK channels on Astra 2, on 28 East.

You used to get get German Eurosport in English, free on Astra 1, 19East but that was in analogue which shut down in May 2012.

I think it is available in German on digital (DVB) on Astra 1 at 19.2E on frequency 12226 H, 27500, 2/3.

We now just use Astra 2 (Sky) all over Europe from Sweden to Portugal and also down in Mediterranean Spain and France.

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Pain in the neck having to reset your dish every time you want to watch UK television though :Doh:

I have seen you can get a twin LNB setup to pick up both John. Astra 1 & 2 are quite close together so it makes this a possibility.

Why?

We just push one button..........:thumb:

Flash bugger. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back