FREE! CoPilot Live for Android (1 Viewer)

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes folks CoPilot Live is currently available for free on Google Play store. I have been running Co Pilot on my tablet for several years and it works really well but when I got a new smart phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) I didn't put it on. Had a browse of Play store the other day and found CPL for free so downloaded it and it works well. It appears the mapping may be a year or two old but it works pretty well all the same, certainly better than Google Maps.

D.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I use it on the iPad - loaded up full USA and Canada mapping for £1.99 (an absolute bargain) when I had forgotten to take the TomTom and use it a lot. Works well.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Downloaded it to Dawn's tablet as a "just in case". Thanks again for the heads up, Dave:thumb:

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Yes folks CoPilot Live is currently available for free on Google Play store. I have been running Co Pilot on my tablet for several years and it works really well but when I got a new smart phone (Samsung Galaxy Note) I didn't put it on. Had a browse of Play store the other day and found CPL for free so downloaded it and it works well. It appears the mapping may be a year or two old but it works pretty well all the same, certainly better than Google Maps.

D.

I can confirm that - Co Pilot has been free to download for quite a while now and I have stopped using TomTom and much prefer Co Pilot.

Rob

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks.... I downloaded it onto my tablet, excellent.... gave it a test last night between Harpenden and Radlett via St Albans. Worked a treat. Now going to put the US maps on today.:thumb:

First time user. How does this version compare to the previous Pay version?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks.... I downloaded it onto my tablet, excellent.... gave it a test last night between Harpenden and Radlett via St Albans. Worked a treat. Now going to put the US maps on today.:thumb:

First time user. How does this version compare to the previous Pay version?

The free version has been out for a while.. I downloaded and upgraded so can't really compare with the free version.. more info here

Link Removed

Only issue I've had is my phone, a Galaxy S3 , overheats and has on occasion shut down.. so I loaded it onto my Galaxy Tab.. but frankly I prefer using my old TT One XL ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
thanks Dave.
downloaded to samsung galaxy 3 tablet and working fine. :thumb:

Hi I just looked at the down load Apps permissions for Co pilot GPS, and remembered you posting somewhere asking WHY do they need access to all that intrusive Dater, ie access to Contacts. Did you find a way round this, or did you cu-come:RollEyes:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I presume that's so it can take you to 'Auntie Mavis's House' without inputting an address.

Wyn

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The free version has been out for a while.. I downloaded and upgraded so can't really compare with the free version.. more info here

Link Removed

Only issue I've had is my phone, a Galaxy S3 , overheats and has on occasion shut down.. so I loaded it onto my Galaxy Tab.. but frankly I prefer using my old TT One XL ..
Thanks Jim will have a read. I also have a very dated TT 700 it has been so good to us for so many years that I now feel guilty when I leave it at home. You can become attached to your voice in the cab.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back