free camping in spain

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by hazel1, Jan 23, 2012.

1. hazel1

hazel1 Read Only Funster

hi all me and my partner have a rv an intend to spend the summer may to sept in spain takeing a few weeks to cross france has anyone any info to pass on where can free camp along the south coast of spain from marseille in france to malaga in spain we have used the aires in france before although a little tight squeese we r a 30ft winniebago plus trailer thanks in anyisapation :thumb:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the fun, my first question is why, France welcomes campers, provides all the facilities you need. Spain on the other hand does not and wildcamping is discouraged most places. There is a difference between wild "Camping" and wild "parking", whilst the second is often tolerated the first has been abused for so long it is illegal in a lot of places and discouraged in others. No doubt others with first hand experience of wilding in Spain will be along to give you the real low down. Published wild spots are soon over used and shut down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BritStops

BritStops Trader BritStop Owner

For free camping in Spain à la France Passion try España Discovery.

They have restaurants and vineyards in their guide that will allow free stopovers to motorhomers. Not as far south as Malaga, but some around Alicante and then from Tarragona up the coast past Barcelona to France.

They also have spots inland around Zaragoza and on also on the north west coast.

HTH
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. woodstock

woodstock Funster

Wild camping in Spain

Dont be so tight Dave the money Hazel will make from making greeting cards will pay for everything. See you at Newark nearly bought a new van

6. jaygee

jaygee Funster

having experience of trying to find free camping in Spain with our Hymer last year July to Sept I think you might have more trouble than most having an RV & trailer!