Frank Pickles

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by GJH, May 16, 2014.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I seem to recall a post on the forum from last year to the effect that Frank Pickles might be ceasing to deal with motorhome insurance.

That is not the case. We have just renewed our insurance through Frank Pickles (with Highway/LV) so maybe it was the particular insurance company rather than FP that was changing its policy.

2. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Graham, I was with Frank Pickles and was very happy with them, the problem I can across was the van in xs of 3500 kg, they had to go to Aiva (breakdown cover) and although they would offer cover they were not as competitive as Comfort for the same cover from Aviva. Comfort would appear to be able to offer it a lot cheaper...

I liked Frank Pickles...

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We don't have that problem as our van is 3500 Kg max :Smile:

I expect we might be able to get insurance cheaper if we put the effort into it but price isn't the only aspect.

We were treated so well by Highway/LV when our previous van was visited by Asda (and the premium did not rise as a result) that we decided to stay with them. We know we are buying a high quality service, should we need to claim, and view that as more important than saving a few quid.