France today

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by carolyn, Jun 12, 2013.

1. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Hooray, we are on our way this evening via the Portsmouth to Le Havre crossing for 9 days. I have read all I can on motorhome fun. Our first trip last year was a motor to the Med and then motor back after two weeks, marred by the blowout on the motorway which was scarey. So this year we have nothing booked at all but lots of maps, aires book, acsi , notes from funsters and the avoid tolls bits from drive-france so we will head towards La Tranche Sur Mer roughly and keep our fingers crossed. I am trying to be relaxed about it but I prefer the "military campaign"type planning! Husband is more laid back and did point out that it was France , the home of the campingcar, he has done his bit and mowed the lawn.
    Thanks for all the tips. Sticker has arrived, will be on the lookout for more.:Smile:

• Like Like x 4
  2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

sit back and enjoy the experience yes france is totally mh friendly and a joy to drive through and to visit have fun and safe roads :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. 163phil

163phil Read Only Funster

Have a great trip - chill out, forget any plans and let the adventure come to you:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Enjoy - I'm not at all jealous

5. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Take it easy Carolyn... no need to be anxious.... you'll be on holidays:BigGrin::Wink:

If it makes feel more secure I can give you my mobile number... I'll be reachable whatever happens which could TRY to spoil your holidays. Let me deal with any possible negative stuff if it involves the linguo...just PM me ok?

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

• Like Like x 5
  6. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Thankyou so much everyone and especially Yodeli, I hope I won't need your help but it's very reassuring. I do know un pneu crevee and that the p is not silent, hope we don't have that again! When the children tell me to chillax it is usually accompanied by hysterical laughter although I am getting better, or so I tell myself. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Should you find you are in need of any help and for whatever reason you can't reach Frankie you can use us as a second string to your fiddle! :thumb:

And please say bonjour to La Faute where I used to spend part of most summers 60ish years ago!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  8. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Carolyn, Have a great time , what part are you in and where are you heading next , always very interested in others ideas of where to go.
    Terry:sin:

9. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Hi ! We had lots of lovely Eurocamp holidays around St Jean de Monts when the children were small but now that it's just the two of us we thought we would head that way but try La Tranche sur mer because I think I read on one of the many threads that there is a little ferry across to Ile de Re and La Rochelle which sounds fun. Also out of practice on the cycling front so want to try the many cycle paths. I have two rough routes planned avoiding tolls except , not sure which one we will take, depends a bit on how confused I get at Pont l'Eveque.
    We will be in our Autosleeper Symbol. We thought we would just book a couple of nights at a time and try 2 or 3 different sites.:Smile: