Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Hi Paul
have a good trip, Think the weather will get better for you south of Barcelona. This time we have opted to stay in France and do all the bits we normally miss on the way to Spain, Best of luck Fred

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Perhaps a little late as the OPs have obviously been given good advice but we stayed at Camping Le Rupe, Toulouse, in late 2014.

We would echo those warning people off this site. A small area was of an acceptable standard but the majority was very unkempt. Pitches were on packed earth, there were many very old caravans with makeshift canvas awnings, cars up on bricks and gypsy type families in residence.

We have stayed on many sites over the years but this was one of the few that made us feel so uneasy that we left the next morning, and never got the chance to visit Toulouse which was our original reason for stopping.

So you now know where to stop if you want to visit Toulouse! You're welcome anytime...except august , I usually take my summer holidays.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@yodeli
A lovely offer. Thank you.

If we return to the area in the next couple of years we will make contact and share a glass. (Or two)!:wine::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Humsagfer - very interested in you travelling with 2 german shepherds! We on retirement and off to Portugal in May for a few weeks. Would love a couple of dogs but decided to wait until we 'd done our road trip(s). How do you manage with 2 beautiful dogs?

OP
OP
Humsafer
Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
The short answer is "With Great difficulty" However we love our dogs as do most people who travel with them. They sleep in the van and have to be exercised twice a day, plus multiple stops for wee wees when traveling. The worst problem is coping with the dog hairs but I find that a trainer on my right foot rolls them up well from the carpet and then we just hoover like most people . There is no trouble getting them in and out of the country now. And they do act as a deterrent to burglars and suchlike. In the last ten years our dogs have saved us from a 2am break-in somewhere in France (scary). and scared off robbers who tried to get us to stop on the Barcelona ring road. I wouldn't go anywhere without them. In fact, because I will not leave them in kennel's, our dogs were the reason we started motor homing. so they could holiday with us. Go for it but remember they are a lot of work and not just for Xmas.

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Humsafer, thanks for your excellent reply. We have had dogs so are used to all the usual stops for wee wees etc. It was just things like, do you keep them on a lead on the sites, what if you want to go out for a meal, do you just leave them in the Moho? Do you have an awning for them to sit in during the day. We love walking and we love dogs so no problem having them at some point, just wondering about taking them on hols in the motorhome...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Humsafer
Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Like I said, with "great difficulty" We don't eat out as much as perhaps we would like. The dogs can be left for a couple of hours but we don't like to. We went for an afternoon coffee on a site in France earlier in the year and the "Bailey Bug" struck again, (don't get me started on Bailey) the door didn't shut properly and when we came back the dogs were outside the van. According to a eyewitness the dogs came out checked every other van in a long row looking for us, ignoring any other dogs, then returned to their own van and waited. (No body entered our van) We do keep them on leads on site especially CC sites. Lets face it, I know my dogs are harmless but other people don't and they can look quite scary especially if they bark. We do stake them out on long wires, one at each end of the van with food and water in the middle so they don't get tangled in each others leads. We do have an awning but they generally find their own coolest place under the van. Surprisingly in the New Forest this year we staked them out on a CL and the owner came up and asked us to untie them as she considered it cruel. All five vans on that site had dogs, all untied and there was no problem. Heidi and Cody had a fantastic holiday.
Of course if I told you where that was I really would have to kill you. Dogs can be a bind but not often and their friendship and security outweigh any minor irritants. Have attached a picture of Cody (the furry one) and Heidi on guard "" you have a kip dad we will keep watch"
Hedi and cody.jpg

Apr 23, 2015
berkshire
Funster No
MH
autocruise gleneagle
Exp
since 2005
Great reply thank you and the dogs are soooo beautiful!! Was reading your response to him indoors...and after some thought..Said. what do you do with them on the ferry? Do you have to leave them in the mo ho? Also when your attempted breaking happened.. we're you wilding or on site?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back