Free Member
Oct 20, 2013
France
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Globebus
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we live in France ( an hour south of Poitiers).
We are thinking about taking our campervan to Croatia in September.
Has anyone got any idea of route, hopefully avoiding tolls.
We thought we would take a weeks or so to get there.
Has any one got any information please.
Thanks Jan & Steve

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
We have done this route several times but use the motorways because we want to get there!
We use either the Mont Blanc or Frejus tunnel , then travel across the top of Italy past Milan and Venice before entering Slovenia near Trieste...once you are into Croatia you have the option of using a fabulous motorway all the way south to 100km north of Dubrovnik [cheap toll] or taking the very scenic route along the coast [the Magistrale]...much slower but fabulous views all the way south.

Reactions: K1m

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We used the Frejus Tunnel last spring and it cost €56 ! That was not all since it took us on the italian autostradas with more tolls ! Each and every tollbooth seemed different spitting out our cards and barking orders in Italian !
I would not like to repeat the experience .... if there is a way to avoid it I would. We only got to Lago Maggiore since we were heading to Austria to cycle on the river Drau which starts on the italian side .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We went via Strasbourg, Lake Konstanz in Germany, Innsbruck and Lake Bled in Slovenia. Lovely trip through Bavaria and the foot hills of the Alps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back