France - Satelite Dish v Suitcase (1 Viewer)

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
Am sure someone out there must have an answer to my dilemma.

We have a small Motorhome and very little free space - so a Suitcase Style Satelite Dish might be ideal. However - would we get good or average reception in France and down the Atlantic Coast.

We want to be able to watch our favourite UK TV Shows and Soaps.

If anyone has a recommendation for a suitable device or kit - we would be pleased to learn what make, and what sort of coverage you got with it.

I know a Dome Dish on our Motorhome might be the best answer - but we just don't have the spare cash for such an investment.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi,
Below is an interesting link posted by a Funster complete with comments from other Funsters who have used same or similar.

In the chat room the box was discussed and it was agreed it was a tad fiddly to align but the prevailing concenus was if the dish was pointed at the sun at 10.00am it made setting the signal much easier.

Sadly have no experience myself as we don't use T.V. when we are away, but hope info is helpful

Norman

Link Removed

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Also look at the Road Pro site - they give the coverage that they have checked out themselves for each type of dish. Worth calling for their catalogue before you spend money

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The suitcase system is a good introduction to sat TV , as said, can be fiddly to set up but once mastered gives good reception and will be adequate for most of France ..

The digital receiver is 12v and for that alone it is a good buy as you can upgrade later to a larger stand alone dish or roof mounted crank up .. or indeed an auto system and still use the digi box.

I started out with a suitcase system and later bought a 60cm domestic dish which I clamped onto the rear ladder, later on I bought the Maxview Crank up ..

I now use the same digi box at home .. so it was a good buy ..:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back