Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Have they started to put sat nav co-ordinates in yet ?:Blush:

I used to be a member, but the directions they used to give you were so vague, I gave up !!.....:Doh::Doh::Doh:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
From their website.......

5. Can I get GPS coordinates for the stopovers?
GPS fans : You asked for it, France Passion has done it !

At the Bourget motorhome show, many of you confirmed a growing interest in having GPS coordinates to find the stopovers as a complement to the written directions: so we’ve done it! The new edition 2013 will offer downloading of GPS coordinates!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I uploaded the France Passion POIs for both TT and Garmin some time ago to our download library .

TT
Link Removed

Garmin
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
how do they work, the first in the book is Corbonod 01420 and the gps is W1AU but nothing I have got recognise's it

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Right I see you have to do some sort of download, but it is only in french at the moment

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
as you say no English version at moment. even so it appears the current downloads even in French do not support my sat nav :Doh: Snooper S5000 Ventura

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
yeah but you can just as easy tell them the directions it does give:Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We are disappointed at the way France Passion have done the co-ords-it means you need internet to get them.
So,for us,that would mean planning in advance,and that's the one thing we don't do when in France.

Mike.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have nexus 7 and if you use the navigateing thingy on them the postcode works quite well because it gets the general area up then you can follow the directions before you get there, but it still doesnt explane the vagueness

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
We are disappointed at the way France Passion have done the co-ords-it means you need internet to get them.
So,for us,that would mean planning in advance,and that's the one thing we don't do when in France.

Mike.

It does not seem at all clear just what they are offering members Link Removed They are talking about a small extra charge but doe not mention having to be on line, has anyone tried to download the current book co-ords?

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
It does not seem at all clear just what they are offering members Link Removed They are talking about a small extra charge but doe not mention having to be on line, has anyone tried to download the current book co-ords?

First you have to go to www.france-passion.com and register your card-unfortunately the English version is still being built so you will have to do this in French.You will get an e-mail with an activation code-apply that,and away you go.
Secondly you check that your SatNav is covered by their downloads,and then,you pay €2.
you can then download the co-ords-I have just spent 20 mins with 'France Passion is not responding' and have given up for now-so I don't yet know how the co-ords will be presented.::bigsmile:
Mike

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Ah bien

Success-I finally got France Passion to 'respond' ::bigsmile:
The co-ords are downloaded onto your Sat.Nav in the 'Custom POI' folder France Passion.
You then just put in the code from the book-simples :ROFLMAO:

Mike

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Ah !!! but I am a Luddite !!

All I want is the same format as in the Aires book !:Sad:

Effin there in black and white !!!:Doh:

Not too much to ask, is it ?????:RollEyes:

So, a bit of money saved to waste on food and drink !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All I want is the same format as in the Aires book !:Sad:

Effin there in black and white !!!:Doh:

Not too much to ask, is it ?????:RollEyes:

So, a bit of money saved to waste on food and drink !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I agree with you , what about these cheap satnavs that some have been buying from china , can you put this download in them? I havent got a european satnav only my nexus7 or phone, will it go in them. But saying all that we have never had much trouble finding them with a map.:Smile:

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Success-I finally got France Passion to 'respond' ::bigsmile:
The co-ords are downloaded onto your Sat.Nav in the 'Custom POI' folder France Passion.
You then just put in the code from the book-simples :ROFLMAO:

Mike

Thanks Mike
Still not clear if you need to have internet connection once you have downloaded their coded co-ordinates. I would want to use them off line on Autoroute 2013.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Mike
Still not clear if you need to have internet connection once you have downloaded their coded co-ordinates. I would want to use them off line on Autoroute 2013.

You download them into your GPS as Custom POI's-when I 'touch' on one of them it doesn't actually show (on my Garmin) what the co-ordinates are.
Maybe you can download them into AutoRoute,but I wouldn't know how.When you download from France Passion it won't start the download until it 'sees' your sat nav.

Mike

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Think its beyond me:Doh:

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
I see mixed views about France Passion - we thought is was great. We used 5 FP sites in April last year, and had some wonderful experiences. A bit of research before travelling will pay dividends - many of the FP locations have websites, which will tell you more about their produce & location.

Yes, we spent money at all of them - but on stuff (particularly wine!) that we would have bought anyway. We also tried ostrich for the first time - and were completely converted! An ostrich steak with a lovely salad can't be beaten - in a fabulous location not too far from the Millau Bridge . And the delights of tasting cognac at 10am, and then purchasing (and subsequently eating) a kilo of fresh white asparagus that had been picked that morning :thumb: at a fraction of supermarket prices. Finished off with a stay at an oyster farm in Normandy ....what more can I say?

We've just signed up again for 2014, and we're going back to one of the Loire vineyards, as the location is beautiful, with lovely views of the valley - and we didn't buy nearly enough of their lovely Cremant de Loire! Now am researching other Brittany FP sites, as we haven't tried any of them :Smile: Recommendations welcome, please.

Oh - and all the GPS coordinates are in our various route planning tools and easy to follow.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
France "PASSION" ........ now that got my attention........ is it an x-rated book on good sites in France?:winky:

Margaret::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Still a Luddite !! and proud of it !

[HI][HI]You download them into your GPS [/HI][/HI]as Custom POI's-when I 'touch' on one of them it doesn't actually show (on my Garmin) what the co-ordinates are.
Maybe you can download them into AutoRoute,but I wouldn't know how.When you download from France Passion it won't start the download until it 'sees' your sat nav.

Mike

A. W.T.F. is a GPS.....:Sad:

B. So, if you haven't got a Sat Nav device you are stuffed !!:Doh::Doh::Doh:

C. At the moment in the process of making a Cauliflower Cheese !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Used France passion two years and have praised it on here many times, but, don't think we will be rejoining this year, it costs 29 euros and the book is the same every year and although we like the idea of it and will still be useing them if they let us on with the old book but think as, has been said the directions are very vague and they can work out very expensive if you make use of the things they sell, and in all honesty most of the sites are nothing more than an aire with no facility's which you can have for free anywhere and find with ease with all the aires book or various apps that take you straight to the site.
Not really knocking it and if you haven't tried them then have a go you do meet a lot of locals and stuff but for us I think its run it's coarse.:thumb:

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
At effin last !!

Just heard from Vicarious books that that they are doing the coordinates in black and white in their books ! Hip effin hooray !

I will be rejoining if this is correct !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
At effin last !!

Just heard from Vicarious books that that they are doing the coordinates in black and white in their books ! Hip effin hooray !

I will be rejoining if this is correct !:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Didn't know it was anything to do with vicarious books , thought they come direct from France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back