France overnight stops at Private businesses (1 Viewer)

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Hi All,

Some time ago when i was researching the purchase of an MH I came across a scheme in France that (if i remember rightly) for a nominal membership you obtained a car sticker and were able to stay at participating businesses such as vinyards, cheese manufacturers etc across France free obvioulsy with purchasing some of their products

I cannot find the website now, does anyone know of this and where I can find the details?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
hi all,

some time ago when i was researching the purchase of an mh i came across a scheme in france that (if i remember rightly) for a nominal membership you obtained a car sticker and were able to stay at participating businesses such as vinyards, cheese manufacturers etc across france free obvioulsy with purchasing some of their products

i cannot find the website now, does anyone know of this and where i can find the details?

france passion !!!!
I have spent many hours on their sites...
Just google !!

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also

Link Removed

Similar to France Passion but No membership required, you can buy the Camping La Freme guide from any French bookshop.

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Yep France Passion and if you get the ferry or train to Calais you can stay at Franglais wine warehouse for the night - they are part of the scheme. We stayed there first and last night in August. Going south from Calais it's just a couple of turn offs after the tunnel sous la manche.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Another good one is between Saintes and Bordeaux at a place called Tesson. It's Domaine du Chateau Guynot and they do the most marvelous brandy based bubbly!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
So far we have only stayed on a vineyard - yawn yawn! - on the Ile d'Oleron - this is really useful though as there are not many places (other than campsites, M Leclerc's carpark at St Pierre or the aire 'well' outside St Denis) to actually stay on the island.

We and a French couple stayed on a Sunday night when the shop was shut, so we both wandered into the shop the next morning and she was OK but were asked unsmilingly to get our membership cards and she recorded our names and the numbers in her little black efficient book. The French couple were gobsmacked as it appears they'd stayed on loads and everone else had been a lot more sociable.

We also both asked about the prices of various things in the shop - she said the prices, but that was it. Dunno if she wasn't the usual person or what - but not the sort of reaction one expects when enquiring about their products, is it? Usually get a bit of enthusiasm, wherever you happen to be, don't you! (Got pretty hissed before in a Calvados distillery and a Greek vineyard LOL - and that's only 2 ....)

Contrast this with friends of ours who stayed at a goats cheese farm (not sure where!) the year before last. They happened to turn up there one day this year, they were greeted like long-lost friends and the owners remembered them and said, 'Oh we're really glad you two have arrived, couldn't be better! - we both need to go out but don't like leaving the place without one of us around - now you are here we can go and know everything will be safe' All they were asked to do was make any other M'H's welcome and if anyone else turned up for the farm or the shop, just let them know what time they'd be back.

These friends also confirmed a good place outside Boulogne which several people have mentioned here before. We don't regret joining FP and we fully intend to get our full money's worth out of it in the future - this year being our maiden voyage we were a trifle tentative lets say, and already had plans for some of the places we visted anyway - so didn't make full use of it.

We can also personally recommend the one at the (carpe/silure) fishery at La Puisaye - been there loads of times for that purpose; kids/g'kids were there fishing whilst we were in France, we went to see em and suddenly realised we were actually following FP signage, both saying, Oh - I wonder where that one is then, we'll have to investigate - it was the fishery itself LOL Catch a trout for your dinner and have a coffee/ice cream in the 'shop'. Tackle for the trout-pool provided. You can also walk most of the way round the big lake as one side it's a single-track public road anyway - if you see a yellow post van get out of his way asap LOL - the FP signs take you another way and you can see why if you ever meet anthing else on the little road! Jean the owner now speaks English and likes to practice it; years ago you were lucky if you got 3 words in French LOL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back