Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Just letting you know in case anyone else is going to be there, or if there any newbies who have never done the aires and want to give it ago

let me know your plans

We don't have any at the moment, except we will proberbly go to Brugge for Friday night,(but then again we may do this on the way home, so friday will be le Touquet) then head towards Normandy for Saturday, almost certainly we'll stay at Honfleur, and from There who knows, depends on the sun

Graham Kay n Chelsea

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Have a great time, and dont put on to much weight.

Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Wonder why you're going to Bruges???? Kay out of chocolate???? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a great time - see you soon we hope!!:thumb:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Have a great time away.
It was lovely of you all to come to Charity Farm the weekend and nice to meet you again.

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Thanks Guys

Papa John, actually we are going with seafrance, so fingers crossed

Patsy, don,t worry, we'll be going easy on the Belgium chocs, and french fancies

Graham, it was a tough decision, a drunken weekend in Donny for tea totallers:winky: or 10days of sun and relaxation, hope you guys have fun.

Marie, your right, kays running out of belgium chocs, the only ones she as left are round her bum:Doh:,:Blush: its just the depth that varies:ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Pity you're not going down south Graham, would have loved to see you again! Would have chat with Kay while you were being a chief with the BBQ:Blush:
...I.... would have been on holidays::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Next time , i hope! I'm on holidays in August so.... come on take your ticket and stand in queue....i'm waiting for you funsters!!! Who's coming first????:winky:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Just letting you know in case anyone else is going to be there, or if there any newbies who have never done the aires and want to give it ago

let me know your plans

We don't have any at the moment, except we will proberbly go to Brugge for Friday night,(but then again we may do this on the way home, so friday will be le Touquet) then head towards Normandy for Saturday, almost certainly we'll stay at Honfleur, and from There who knows, depends on the sun

Graham Kay n Chelsea

Hi, we're newbies as far as Europe is concerned even though we've MH'd for 2 1/2 years. We're booked on the tunnel early next Monday morning with no plans other than to head for Normandy. We've pencilled in a few places that other funsters have reccommended - Hornfleur and Bayeux being two - so our paths may cross :thumb:

I can't wait ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Jill

all the best on your first trip to Europe

Two bits of advise for you, don't stop over night on motorway aires, or on an aire wheres only you

I have sent you a pm

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Jill

all the best on your first trip to Europe

Two bits of advise for you, don't stop over night on motorway aires, or on an aire wheres only you

Can you explain why you shouldn't stop on motorway aires? We have done it many times. What do you see as the problem?

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
It is generally recommended that you do not stop overnight on motorway aires

as recommended by all those that have been done over on them :cry:

Can you explain why you shouldn't stop on motorway aires? We have done it many times. What do you see as the problem?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Hi, so whilst you are in sunny France eating and drinking :wine:
we will be in Oh so very sunny Cumbria getting loads and loads of sun on our new solar panel...:pray:

Enjoy guys

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We have just returned from Normandy and I can recommend the Aire at Granville on Rue du Roc. Also Villers Bocage, at the end of the High Street, one minute walk to shops, bars and restaurants. Also, Saint Brice en Cogles, which is minutes from shops, bars and laundrette and has spotless toilets. Have a great time. :Smile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

let me know your plans

Graham Kay n Chelsea

Hi Graham & Kay .....have a good holiday !!!!!now only 8 days for you.....we are also on the move again, just got back from a local trip, this time we are heading from our home on northern France to Mid-France......for three weeks so if you see us say "HELLO"......bon voyage..(safe journey)

Mel :thumb:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It is generally recommended that you do not stop overnight on motorway aires

as recommended by all those that have been done over on them :cry:

On that basis, don't travel on motorways, based on the fact that crashes occur on them!:Eeek::Eeek:

It very much depends where you are in France. I was referring to Brittany where crime is extremely low and it is quite normal to stop at these Aires. People sleep in their cars, vans and Camper Vans with no problems. On the major tourist routes in the East of France (the route from Calais to the Med during the summer, I have no doubt there are plenty of opportunist thieves about. "Avoid staying near large cities" would be a good piece of advice because crime rates are always higher there - whichever country in the world you are in.

But it would be wrong to generalise and sensationalise on hearsay about a few incidents. Be careful, use common sense and you should be fine. Best to stay near other Camping Cars, though, if possible. But do use a simple alarm hanging on your door handle! :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
On that basis, don't travel on motorways, based on the fact that crashes occur on them!:Eeek::Eeek:

It very much depends where you are in France. I was referring to Brittany where crime is extremely low and it is quite normal to stop at these Aires. People sleep in their cars, vans and Camper Vans with no problems. On the major tourist routes in the East of France (the route from Calais to the Med during the summer, I have no doubt there are plenty of opportunist thieves about. "Avoid staying near large cities" would be a good piece of advice because crime rates are always higher there - whichever country in the world you are in.

But it would be wrong to generalise and sensationalise on hearsay about a few incidents. Be careful, use common sense and you should be fine. Best to stay near other Camping Cars, though, if possible. But do use a simple alarm hanging on your door handle! :thumb:

Im sure Graham is just giving advice that is quite commonly known amongst MH forums. I, like you have stopped on motorway aires without issue, However many have been more unlucky, . Anyhow, more about why stop on a motorway aire when there are so many more beautiful places to stop off of a motorway? Personally, we never touch a toll road, or motorway unless desperate.

anyhow have a good time Graham and others, regardless of where you stop.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back