France is a big "Country"...

Discussion in 'France' started by old-mo, Jan 26, 2014.

1. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

Not spread the news yet...

But we always get on a ferry and scream on down to Spain or Portugal...

Well this year,,,, around the beginning of September, we are driving up to Dover,,, hopping on a ferry and doing the real France for about a month while the weather is nice..

Few "Aires"... a few Campsites... and seeing as much of the old France as we can... Few days here & A few days there...

Spoken to a couple of Funsters and RVOC members who have said we may be up for that (For the same reasons as I first mentioned above)...

Two of my proper campsites I would like to go to are "Parc Verger" to catch up with Bob & Di and "Twin Lakes" to see Garry and his family.. (Few years since we have been to either sites) and both lovely sites with welcoming Mine Hosts..

That is the only planning we have done at the moment, and not going to do a lot till we set foot in France...

Any body up for it... ?

Suggest about 6 - 8 units to make it do-able, and so we can keep an eye on each other...

Other than a Saturday Ferry and booking the two sites mentioned, it will be a lets go there for a couple of days.... "Any Where"... :thumb:

This will be an only France or possibly Belgium trip, as we are both taking "Toads" on "A" frames...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Attention Le Munchie... Hi Ken, if you and 4cups wanna spend September in the New Forest just in case I'm fine with that........ :Wink:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

I met the old goat (Mo) at Wildmans do and found him to be a luvverly man (mind you he was not into the cross dressing then) :Eeek:

• Like Like x 6
  4. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Well Mo, every day in every way we learn a little more, do we not?

Seriously sounds like a great idea, but I can't be sure I'll be retired by then, I keep hanging on hoping the pension pot will be a little fatter.......

.....I know what you're thinking, I'll be one of the wealthiest corpses in the graveyard.......:Rofl1:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  5. chaser

chaser Funster

We hope to be going France in sept , don't want to be in convoy but if you give a rough itinerary before you go we would like to meet up somewhere especially parc verger as we were intending to go there last year but we had to come back before we got there:Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

What he said. Our plan was to do France in Sept & would love to meet up somewhere on the itinerary :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Merle

Merle Funster

I think you'll find Mo is always cross when he's dressing but a fag and a coffee soon puts him right :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

We would definitely be interested Mo. We'd have to see what commitments Kath might have before committing fully. :thumb:

9. veevee

veevee Funster

Hello Popeye

Got a good mate who's a cash multi millionaire. He's always worrying that he hasn't got enough money for his nearing old age...

It's all relative don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Viennese

Viennese Funster

WE may see you Mo, as we are doing central France for a month starting 3 September, including Charente, Limousin, Auvergne and perhaps down as far as Cahors. We will be going to Parc Verger at some stage. Will let you know more when I have done our itinerary! We will be governed a bit by going to see friends - there are 4 lots who live in France. Sailing from Dover, coming back from le Havre. Got the passages for £120 which I thought was very good, but we are only small fry compared with you lot!

Catherine

• Like Like x 3
  11. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Hi Mo,

Like Wyaye wires, we too would definitely be interested, :Smile: but for the same reasons (Rita's commitments), we can't committ fully just yet. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock (& Rita).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Does he want to adopt me? :Blush:

• Like Like x 1
  13. veevee

veevee Funster

I'll ask, but last time we met up I had to buy dinner!

• Like Like x 2
  14. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

We've been travelling all over France for the last three years in September. This year, we decided we should change our plans and spend May/June there, so have booked tunnel and everything :Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  15. old-mo

Was the weather reasonable the times you were there..?

Will put up a post nearer the time...... Not planning anywhere in particular,,, except Parc Verger and Twin Lakes... And the ferry.... all other places will be a lets go and have a look...

And if others want to hook up.... go on sensus of opinion... and others suggestions... :thumb:

Meet up.... come and go at will.... :thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  16. snowdrops

snowdrops Funster Life Member

Ooh ! We too are leaving beginning of Sept for 3 weeks in France. Mainly Brittany and the Loire Valley, however, who knows where we'll end up. Getting a one way ticket as not sure where we'll end up to come home. It's our first time away over the water in what will be our newly finished campervan, therefore, we wldn't really join up to a large group as such, however, will defo keep an eye on where everyone is staying and hopefully bump into people for the odd night :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  17. middle east driver

middle east driver Funster

mo

hey mo would you mined if i came in your convoy around france in september as i am still on my own mervyn

• Like Like x 2
  18. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

hi mo ...would love to visit twin lakes again been 7 years since last visit ,not since Sandra left us

• Like Like x 1
  19. old-mo

You will be made most welcome, Mervyn.. :thumb:

Just going to be a leisurely drive round..

Stopping off where ever.. :thumb:

Few "Aires" few sites.... bit of doing the leisurely tourist thing... meal out may be... few get togethers over a drink.. :Wink::BigGrin:

Posting each night where we will be and for approx. how long... then people can join and leave when ever they like...

Would never be able to arrange some where to visit to suit ever body so come and go at will.. :thumb:

• Like Like x 6
  20. Jandek

Jandek Funster

We are hoping to travel around france for about a month in september. Like others , would not want to be in convoy but would love to meet up with fellow funsters. Great idea to post each evening where you are and for how long and people can meet up.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1