France in June & July (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
We ( myself,Hubby and Labradoodle)will be going on our first trip to France the last week of June and first week in July.Is it advisable to book any sites at this time ?

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We are heading to France again in June and would not dream of booking sites. Like many other people we will only be using the excellent aires network. Personally, I would wait a couple of months then get the latest edition of All the Aires France from Vicarious Books.

If you really want to stay on sites the ACSI book and card will save you a lot of money on site fees off peak.

Have a great trip.

Paul

Deleted User
No need to book sites in June and early July but August is very busy, the French camping season is very short.

Popular aires can be very busy at weekends out of season though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Talking of municipal sites this website has a list of them all over France. I don't know how up to date it is though so best check before setting the satnav.

Paul

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
The French don't tend to be on their hols until week 2 of July but hordes of invaders from the Low Countries will already be here.

There are plenty of places to stay, both free and chargeable, so if your first choice is too full another one will soon come along.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Do not dismiss our are in the limousin, the land of a thousand lakes, many with free aires and swimming beaches, if you are not yet comfortable with aires then head to Parc Verger campsite and explore from there lots of good free aires around to gain your confidence

OP
OP
Dizzy Izzy
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Thanks ....I was just a bit concerned that Aires and sites would be full and we would spend most of our time trying to get a spot somewhere.What is the best time of day to get to an Aire or Municipal?
Lesley

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I only have limited experience of them, but I think most people say to be at popular aires by lunchtime or early afternoon to stand a chance.
Others in more isolated areas you will probably ok arriving later

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
My very first aire on my very first trip in a hired motorhome I arrived at Le Crotoy at tea time.....and it was rammed to the max !
There was still some room by driving through the site and out onto a wide lane where there was room to park up !
Phew, I was relieved as OH was looking daggers......

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
My very first aire on my very first trip in a hired motorhome I arrived at Le Crotoy at tea time.....and it was rammed to the max !
There was still some room by driving through the site and out onto a wide lane where there was room to park up !
Phew, I was relieved as OH was looking daggers......
I'm surprised it didn't put you off all aires and even worse if it's been heavily raining!!
But worth it for the town and fish meals!!

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We ( myself,Hubby and Labradoodle)will be going on our first trip to France the last week of June and first week in July.Is it advisable to book any sites at this time ?
Where in France are you planning on visiting?
I'm excited for you.
We made our maiden voyage of using Aires last year as previous trip abroad we just booked two sites. (One municipal and the other private)
Reccommend taking all the Aires book or something equivalent along with a decent satnav and maybe a back up map.
I'm sure that you'll be fine and will have a great experience!

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I'm surprised it didn't put you off all aires and even worse if it's been heavily raining!!
But worth it for the town and fish meals!!

I like Le Crotoy for the steam train. But stay at the municipal site at Abbeville which is excellent. If not on a free Aire then Municipals rule the day for me.

I am looking forward to setting off for about 6 months shortly with Helen using a mix of those two. Don't miss the "gripping instalments" on Helen the Hymer, from about the end of April.

:france::france: Clive :france::france:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I like Le Crotoy for the steam train. But stay at the municipal site at Abbeville which is excellent. If not on a free Aire then Municipals rule the day for me.

I am looking forward to setting off for about 6 months shortly with Helen using a mix of those two. Don't miss the "gripping instalments" on Helen the Hymer, from about the end of April.

:france::france: Clive :france::france:
Good news Clive I enjoyed your travels last year. Has Helen had her work completed yet?!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back