France holiday

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by schojac, Aug 24, 2013.

1. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

HIu, just returned from enjoyable French/Switzerland holiday and thought I would share some new for me experiences. The obvious aside of course.

Rocamadour - unmissable; dont take the motorhome down into the valley it's rather too much fun, park at the top

Padirac - gouffre at Padirac - breathtaking; google and you will see what I mean

D117 - route from Mane to perpignan; what a wonderful drive through some beautiful scenery. Too many stops to mention.

Foix - on the route from Mane D117 - vibrant and full of suprises.

Millau - goes without saying really but not to be missed, over and under. There's a really nice muniicpal site on the outskirts of Millau.

Apart from the obvious these are the main memories I will add to the bank from this holiday.

Hope it gives some food for thought when planning.

jack

• Like Like x 6
  2. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Most of the places you mentioned are in my region : Midi-Pyrénées. A quite stunning area!
    Amicalement
    Frankie:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

You are very lucky to live here; so much to see and do. First visit to Midi-Pyrénées and will not be the last.

jack

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

About 20yrs ago we were loaned a small property in Dernacueillette by Professor Mike Costin of Bristol Uni. He had written a book about the Cathar castles which we took with us.

http://www.dernacueillette.fr/index.htm

We had a wonderfull time 'doing' the castles,walking amongst the garrigue,buying honey etc:BigGrin:
    We bought wine 'en vrac' at Tuchan vineyards and we still use one of their 5 ltr 'cubis' to this day.
    A couple of yrs ago we were headed towards Tuchan in the spring,came round a corner and there below us was a valley with almond trees in blossom with a snow capped Mont Tauch gleaming in the spring sunlight as a background :BigGrin:

Mike.