LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
2 more days and we head to the tunnel for a month touring in France. Want to get to the South via the Millau area then head for the coast. We don't have any set plans just want a bit of sun. We will be using sites for a few days at a time as we move along the coast, then intend visiting the Dordogne on the way back for a few days, maybe even call in to Parc Verger at some point. There will be my wife and me in our van, and my wife's sister and partner in their van. We have got the aires book, camping cheques and ACSI so should be fairly well covered. If anybody else is down there keep a look out for two autotrails in convoy with Funster stickers on the windscreen. Our first long trip in the new van so really looking forward to it. :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Derek & Aud

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
I'm not envious. No, really:roflmto:

Have a great trip - we've got to wait until September before we can head off:thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
im envious, we have to wait 4 more weeks as we are on the shuttle 14th May but for 7 weeks .... wooooohooo:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Can recommend camping Deux Rivière for a stop in Millau. Very handy for town. Lovely views.. Good Aire at Autun . No facilities but quiet. Moulin Aire very good. Water and electricity. Situated in an ex municipal. Not far over bridge into town. Froncles was another very good Aire. £ euro 1.50 to stay and 1.50 for water. Toilets available and clean. Showers when attendant is there 2 euro. Bear in mind these are not necessarily in order but all in the France Aire book.

Lin

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
By the way will be watching for you. We are heading for Agde on Thursday.

Lin::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

Hi Lin, we have been looking at sites in that area, we will probably head that way after Millau and then meander East towards Grimaud, St. Maxime area. Will keep a watch on the forum and post where we get to.....Derek

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Camping Le Roussillonnaismore ‎
Boulevard de la Mer
66700 Argelès-sur-Mer, France
04 68 81 10 42
we stayed here for a few nights last october nice shady site amongst pines and a ten minute walk into town
marcellian plage is also fine for a few nights theres a municipal there and several beach side sites but our favourite spot still has to be the camargue the aire on the front at st marie de la mer ,the first part is a bit carpark but you can drive along past that and park along behind the beach, behind you are the flooded salt pans full of flamingos best of both worlds ten minute walk to shops and resturants beaches as far as you can see and wild nature behind

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010

we were in Agde last week, stayed at campsite Beaurigard sud, nice site right on the beach.
nothing open in the town,just one bar/ restaurant. they are doing quite a lot of road works around town, every where was getting ready for the season to start.
nice easy cycle onto Marseillan plage town where there was a few more bars etc.:thumb:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
2 more days and we head to the tunnel for a month touring in France. Want to get to the South via the Millau area then head for the coast. We don't have any set plans just want a bit of sun. We will be using sites for a few days at a time as we move along the coast, then intend visiting the Dordogne on the way back for a few days, maybe even call in to Parc Verger at some point. There will be my wife and me in our van, and my wife's sister and partner in their van. We have got the aires book, camping cheques and ACSI so should be fairly well covered. If anybody else is down there keep a look out for two autotrails in convoy with Funster stickers on the windscreen. Our first long trip in the new van so really looking forward to it. :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Derek & Aud

We go Friday! Just for ten days as a spring break. Enjoy :thumb:

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We go Friday! Just for ten days as a spring break. Enjoy :thumb:

We are on the train on Friday, I didn't count the part days. Hope you have a great time wherever you get to. The weather looks nice once you get a little South of Paris. Happy travels.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Sully-sur-Loire
check that out there is a aire next to the chateau
and also acros the bridge there is a acsi site
safe roads and have fun

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Eurotunnel - Saturday

Any Funsters on the Eurotunnel on Saturday morning? We're setting off for our 2,000 mile journey to Crete on Friday - staying on The Drum Inn site near Folkestone on Friday then over (under!) the water on Saturday morning. Been practising my Queenly wave but I suspect that, if I see any vans with Funster stickers, decorum will go out the window and I'll be waving like a nutcase. :roflmto:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
[HI]We are on the train on Friday[/HI], I didn't count the part days. Hope you have a great time wherever you get to. The weather looks nice once you get a little South of Paris. Happy travels.

Any Funsters on the Eurotunnel on Saturday morning? [HI]We're setting off for our 2,000 mile journey to Crete on Friday[/HI] - staying on The Drum Inn site near Folkestone on Friday then over (under!) the water on Saturday morning. Been practising my Queenly wave but I suspect that, if I see any vans with Funster stickers, decorum will go out the window and I'll be waving like a nutcase. :roflmto:

I hope you both have a great journey, I'd look after Southampton for you Derek but I'm off to Portugal tomorrow, so it will have to fend for itself..........Griff :thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Any Funsters on the Eurotunnel on Saturday morning? We're setting off for our 2,000 mile journey to Crete on Friday - staying on The Drum Inn site near Folkestone on Friday then over (under!) the water on Saturday morning. Been practising my Queenly wave but I suspect that, if I see any vans with Funster stickers, decorum will go out the window and I'll be waving like a nutcase. :roflmto:

Kalo taxidi!!:Cool::Cool:

Catherine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back