France - Central/North Itinerary Ideas (1 Viewer)

mack10

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
chester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi Folks,

I have read the forum since I joined a week or so ago.

Since then I have booked a VW Calafornia, off a lovely couple who hire there own camper out, for 14th - 24th Spetember.

I'll likely get the Chunnel across to France on the 14th all being well, then basically to where ever.

This is where I am looking for some advice. We are 30 and 33 and have our 5 year old in tow. We are going to Disneyland for 2 nights and 3 days probably on the 20th/21st. We are hoteling the stay at Disney for a variety of reasons

1 - as a treat for our daughter
2 - so we can both drink (the wife and I - not our 5 year old)
3 - so we can be cleane and fresh as the van has no shower

We love eating and drinking, they are basically our hobbies! We want to visit any places of interest, that aren't child unfriendly. Our daughter shares our love of nature and food. We have no set ideas so any of yours are more than welcome.

Also looking for suggestions of good campsites/aires too.

Which guide to Aires is the best? I might well buy that as well.
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome if you havent booked the hotel yet you can park your camper in Disney as they have an AIre/carpark for campers there is a charge but it means your right at the park and easy access and if you want to pop back for a rest then back at night its easy.

As for the tunnel if you shop with Tesco then you can get the tunnel free or part free with clubcard deals we are using it next Sat.

As for sites and Aires have a look at the link on the left of the home page its called french aires its aires that members from here have posted on a map so this will help also could buy the all the aires book if not supplied with camper.

Depends how far you want to go one of our fav places is Sarlat bit far for a night or two about 400m also really good site only about 80m from paris is Link Removed you can read reviews here http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3894 Loads to do in the area and loads to see

Hope this helps a little if need any more just ask

OP
OP
M

mack10

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
chester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi Gerry,

That site looks good. Also thinking we might like to find a few quiet sites too.

Justto to mix it up as much as possible. We'll probably move on most days (though who knows until we actually get there) so some bigger sites with a pool/restaurant/activities etc and some smaller sites, ideally immersed in nature.

Have you stayed at the Aire at Disney? Does it have any facilities? Electric Hook Up, Showers/Toilets etc?

Missus says she wants to feel clean at Disney. We are avid campers, but for us camping has always been, campfires, bbqs, lots of dirt and generally chilling out, we've not camped and done something like Disney or gone into towns/cities for dinner etc.

Thanks for your help, this is exactly the info I was looking for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Mack

We also have a Daughter who is now 14 and although she enjoys the big sites she actually like the small sites and some aires better.

We have staed on the Aire at D/land it doesn't have hook up but there are showers there they are for the coach drivers but no problem with the campers using them we will be spending a night or 2 there in couple of weeks time so will let you know if any different. If you have a look on here or youtube some folk have video them driving into aire so would give you an idea, like your wife mine likes camping but like to do her hair also lol and she was fine at D/L.

Have a look at this link Link Removed one of the members posted it on here i think it would be ideal for you as its camping on farms, vine yards and restaurants for free. Also you could look at france passion its about £25 to join and you get a book with thousands of farms small holdings and vine yards where you can stay for free these sound like the sites you would like our daughter loved the F/P sites we used when she was about 10 and made very good friends with some of the kids who parents owned the farms.

Sorry to go on but please do feel free to ask loads of questions the site might be a bit quiet this weekend as a big meet is on so ask again on Monday.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry forgot to mention on the farm link click services then camper car

OP
OP
M

mack10

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
chester
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Hi Gerry,

Yes that farm links idea looks fantastic.

I had noticed some folk on here mentioninig it, but wasn't quite sure how it worked. I think I'll strongly consider it. Our French is dire a best, but I'm sure we can get by with a lot of gesticulation and referring to a phrasebook. We know 'une biere sil vour plait' so hopefully that will be enough.

I'm keen to hear back on what you think of the Aire at Disney. It could potentially save us £200-250 on hotel bills. The wife might take some convincing, but where there's cash to be made, I'll always go the distance ::bigsmile:

Might get the Aires book aswell, I'm sure I could always put it on on Fleabay if we never went again. Or do they end up out of date the following year. I presum things don't change all that quickly do they?

Any further suggestions more than welcome.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back