france and spain? (1 Viewer)

diverdoug

Free Member
May 6, 2009
Funster No
have done france and spain but never in a camper driven in jeep and camped but never in van,done the odd week end what do you guys say i should need,i have hook up do i need a french hook up converter? do a few stop overs in france and may on to spain 2 adults for just over a week been told norfolk line is the cheapest so far thanks guys

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
They do say they are good usually, we have just booked with P&O, 01.00 out and c.21.00 coming back, 10/8 out and 2/9 back - £68.75.

I personally thought that was pretty much OK, me!!! (have had to pay well over £200 for a car and trailer in August before now!)

So, are we missing Speedferries really really really - no actually, BUT he did put the bomb up under the bit that hurts quite a lot, of the other ferry operators anatomy.

Ta ever so, Kurt.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
You don't want to go to spain its full of spaniards and brits....come to France...
from Mel in France ...born Yorkshireman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

diverdoug

Free Member
May 6, 2009
Funster No
ok thanks can you recommend any good one or 2 day stops with hook up:thumb:will most likely do dover calais so 50 or so miles from calais if poss

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi you will need 2 pin converters, take 2 one of which you should reverse polarities on as some camps are wired that way, also a plugin polarity checker to test which one you may need, I Have also had a 3 pin reversed so worth a check when you plug in, for a 1 night Hotel bal is basic not cheap but about 50 miles from the ports. peter :thumb:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
We all have our opinions but we thought hotel Bal was not very good. You are in a not very good hotel carpark and the village/town was very uninteresting. There are loads of campsites down the coast from calais pick one of those
Wanderer

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
ok thanks can you recommend any good one or 2 day stops with hook up:thumb:will most likely do dover calais so 50 or so miles from calais if poss

smashing site just below le-Manns......sur sur Sarthe small village on the river....if you have the "all the Aires France" book from Vicarious books (if not you had best get one they are good all in English) if you have the book and its the second edition......look at the bottom picture right hand side on the outer cover the one with the weeping willows.....3 euros a night free electric,free water, some park on the front and some park around the back

Then there is Honfleur i think 7 euros a night free electric free water ...gets busy but there is lots of space you sem to find a place arrive late morning early afternoon is the best time i will think of some more for you.
Mel in france

I will have to look for some closer that one at Arques is a lovely site 2 euros a night BUT no electric plenty of fishing ponds trout 30 miles from calais

Last edited:

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It depends on the time and day and the vehicle size for the cheapest crossing. Also the availability (Booking closer to the time can increase the price too).

We are going to Germany next week for 2 1/2 months and I have just got these quotes for the 8.4m Frankia using the same times for each:

Norfolk - £195.36
P & O - £125.00
Sea France - £175.35
Euro Tunnel - £227.70

All the above prices were from the same booking agent. I am just off now to try the Caravan Club site - sometimes they are cheaper than the cheap ferry bookers or direct to the operator.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

as were traveling with my son-in-law and pregant daught (who have a trailer tent so cant use aires) we have booked

Link Removed

just past abbyville about 75 miles from calais, very accomodating people

BIG pitchs 200sm

be there on 08/08/9 & 22/08/09

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread