France and Germany Trips (1 Viewer)

M

mani01

Deleted User
hi all,
We have tentative plans being formulated to visit the bordeaux area of france and black forest area of germany, but not both at the same time

any advice that can be given about motorhoming in the black forest area of germany will be gratefully received. i feel a bit awkward about staying on sites as i'm not yet convinced that spending a tenner+ a night for resting my wheels on a piece of grass is quite 'value for money', but i'm yet to make up my mind on that question... :RollEyes: i may be a candidate for the stellplatz? - does anyone know of any good ones in the border area of strasbourg ?

cheers al

2escapees

Deleted User
For France you'll find a book called Aires de Service in almost every Maison de Press. Anyone in a rural area or small town will be fine.

G

gazza

Deleted User
for germany the book bord atlas is the one to get listing allgerman stellplatz. As far as strassbourg Ive done some research and there are two stellplatz in kehl just over the border in germany. There is a bus straight to strassbourg for a couple of euros.
one stellplatz in kehl is at schwimbadstrasse 1. and the other one is a bit further out at an den sportanlagen 1. 6 euro at both.
dont know anymore info but ill let you know when i get back from my trip next month as I intend staying there
gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
We have been to both the Black Forest and Bordeaux area using both sites and stellplaz/aires.
We like to go surfing in the summer and there is a fantastic aire at soustons right on the beach. Triburg has a nice stelplaz all undercover. Mostly its a case as has been mentioned, trial and error with a few good books, aire de camping car is my favourite.

OP
OP
M

mani01

Deleted User
thanks for all the suggestions chaps and chapesses !

i'll be looking up those books when i get there unless they are available
in the uk too ?

cheers, al

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back