France Again(Sorry) (1 Viewer)

tompyn

Free Member
May 5, 2008
Devon
Funster No
Exp
Just started
Hi Guys,were off to France soon for the first time (Plymouth Roscoff)and would like any advice or tips for the trip,im sure theres a lot of you that have done this many times before,but to us it seems a little daunting. Thankyou for any replys.:thumb:

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Having been in your position some time ago now,

My number 1 tip
DON'T WORRY:thumb:

Take it from me it will easier than a trip down the road, with the prospect of upsetting a CC Warden for daring to turn up with a toad in tow.

But I had left my caring head at home. So it didnt matter.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Our first trip to france

Link Removed

Ralph & Dot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi tompyn... i,ll do you a favour if you like. to stop u worrying let me have your tickets . you can park in my garden in lovely cornwall. i wouldn,t want you to get too upset . i could bring you back a litre of french wine n a packet of fags. but really go for it you no you will like it .tu parle francais?..

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Hi Tompyn Like all of the rest say it will be a doddle. At Roscoff you are soon out of the port and then france is yours for the taking. You have not said what your plans are. Are you staying on sites? if so are they pre booked? If it is aires that you are going to stay on then there are plenty around. If you still have any doubts you could always take me with you! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi Guys,were off to France soon for the first time (Plymouth Roscoff)and would like any advice or tips for the trip,im sure theres a lot of you that have done this many times before,but to us it seems a little daunting. Thankyou for any replys.:thumb:

Hi we went last year,there are some great Aires to stay in Roscoff through the town next to the sea.
Crozion is a nice harbour town with another free Aires with power and water.
Buy a book of Aires and plan your route always ask at the Local information office before you book in to campsites.We have a 33' RV there was never a problem on any Aires though the campsites were another story.
Regards "THE BREENS"
::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, when you get off the ferry, don't rush off have a look around Roscoff get yourself a coffee and chill, its a nice little place. Bob. ::bigsmile::winky:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Hi and welcome We live in Plymouth and have done France loads of times Great place. When are you leaving ? Perhaps we could meet and compare notesgive some tips etc Do you have an ACSI card and Aires book? if not they are really worth having.:thumb:

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Enjoy

Had all the same worries myself recently having not been over there for 25 years in a van.

I made a mistake of not getting a cabin on the overnight ferry (1st Plymouth/Roscoff this year in Feb.) so didn't get much sleep.

Drive off the ferry at Roscoff up to the Motohome car park (500 metres) and chill out with a your first coffee & biscuits (and a good nap in my case) and then take off for your chosen Aire on uncrowded roads.

So much to see and do either inland or along the coast.

Enjoy

holy1hobby

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
10 years
Whenever we have gone this route we have used the afternoon ferry out and the morning ferry back and have always camped within the docks. As Bagins says there is now a dedicated area for overnighting and the entry is on the right just before you get to the exit.

As its your first trip dont try to travel to far straight away. Brittany is huge and the coast has some great ports and some very nicely placed aires. All you need to do is to potter nice and slowly.:thumb:

Enjoy........John

jhbgaiem

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Galapagar near Madrid, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Free Wonderful Camping

If you are in France you MUST join France Passion.

They give you access to farms that let you stay for free. These farms often sell local produce so you can eat real eggs etc.

We have been members for three years and have never had a bad experience although some places are better than others.

You can find them here https://www.france-passion.com/index.php

I think it costs about 30 € a year - not really sure, the wife paid!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back