four mice today !!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Living in the country I have substantial rodent bait boxes around the outside of the house and RV , the little buggers don't get in but my goodness the amount they consume is incredible :Eeek:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Well as usual, I am alone in my opinions..... I don't know what Jim has done, and don't want to know as it has nothing to do with me..... I do, however, know that despite having found rats in my van this week and damage done, I would still never like to have it on my conscience to kill any living creature inhumanely ... we have enough to say on this forum about halal meat.. I have taken steps to get rid of them, having checked that the way is virtually instantaneous ...
I don't anything about the original poster but if they were not genuine, then they COULD have been and I think it is abominable to greet someone the way they were greeted to the forum just because they have a strong opinion that does not agree with ours... there is no need for it. Argue, disagree, and debate ... ok....
Now I know I have made enemies with this post but frankly my dear I don't give a damn.... I always try to make everybody welcome including those that go against my own beliefs and opnions including some posted by regular members. I think we should have given this person the benefit of the doubt.
Don't bother shooting me, or putting a glue mat down for me ... I'm off to another thread and leaving this one alone ... Bertie put the kettle on please.

The kettle's on Joy..............now what makes you think this individual was a 'newbie' because if he/she was then I will eat the soles off both Gandhis Flip Flops (If the curator of the Museum in Kolkota allows me in obviously)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Those B&Q bait boxes are so quick I often find expired rodents still inside the boxes. They don't even have the decency to let others tuck in. It's why I've started stringing bait blocks inside larger containers so they all get their fair share.

Does anyone know if sawdust impregnated with cat widdle acts as a rodent deterrent? No shortage of that in our moggy's litter tray. Maybe I should spread some inside a test box with bait and see if the bait gets nibbled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Please folks the most humane vermin killer on the planet is...

Terriers...

And...

I reckon they'll work against Trolls too...

I have four and will consider renting them out for alcohol...

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
I know 'Ultra Sound' has been dis-regarded by many, but last winter after I had mice eating away the engine insulation, I installed two Ultra sound's to add to the packets of Poison taped to the Engine filters. I have not has one dropping all winter. Plus no mice in the garden or workshop and the baited traps untouched. Fingers crossed I may have moved them to pastures new. Best Regards Mac

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I know 'Ultra Sound' has been dis-regarded by many, but last winter after I had mice eating away the engine insulation, I installed two Ultra sound's to add to the packets of Poison taped to the Engine filters. I have not has one dropping all winter. Plus no mice in the garden or workshop and the baited traps untouched. Fingers crossed I may have moved them to pastures new. Best Regards Mac
WHAT? Speak up man, I can't hear you for that bloody ultra sound thingy ma jig I bought, nearly made me deff!:LOL:

I rate them myself, got them all over the place. MoHo, shed, garage.(y)

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Living in the country I have substantial rodent bait boxes around the outside of the house and RV , the little buggers don't get in but my goodness the amount they consume is incredible :Eeek:

Thats due to the poison strength.....regulations dictate how strong it can be for a private individual to buy from the likes of B&Q and garden centres so it has little effect in the short term.
all you are buying is grain with a bit of green colouring....you could probably eat a handful yourself without any real danger....not that im advising you try of course.

Try a farmers/agricultural store, they use proper poison.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Rats make fantastic pets, extremely intelligent and good fun. Also walking into a pub with a Rat on your shoulder is a conversation starter :rofl:

Err, not a pub but once went to a CC campsite and took our pet rat Spotty out for a bit of fresh air, he was sat on my shoulder and I went into the toilet block to check it out (it was empty) and when I came out there was a woman and her kids coming towards the block ... I quickly said "look what I've just found" laughing ... the mother didn't fall for it and neither did the kids who just wanted to say hello to my Spotty. The mother, however, it turned out was frightened of rats and they all went back to their caravan however 5 mins later there was a knock on the door and the kids asked if their Mum could come and see the rat to get over her fear ... to cut a long story short within 5 mins she was stroking and holding him and she and her kids were very proud of her achievement ... although she did say that her hubby had a whisky waiting for when she got back to the caravan!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just remembered another occasion when we had our 2 female hooded rats and took them out for some fresh air round a National Trust garden ... the lady on the entrance booth didn't look up at first but there was a sign about no dogs ... hubby asked about rats ... the look on her face was a picture! :rolleyes:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
[QUOTE=" More droppings on the habitation area floor, but no sign of a deceased rodent anywhere, so maybe that's a little surprise for the future..[/QUOTE]
You might find they have crawled into the heating ducts and died, you find out the first cold day when away.

Elly May

Free Member
Feb 27, 2013
Woodchester, Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have had three broken nights recently with our little cat Missy going hell for leather chasing a mouse around the house. We managed to catch it 2 nights running & put it outside as far away as possible from our place as I just couldn't bear the thought of killing it. But, it came back again & the 3rd night she obviously wore the poor thing down & presented it's lifeless body to us on the bedroom floor first thing Sat morning. At least it meant we were up early to get going for the NEC!! Touch wood, no others have appeared yet, definitely helps having a pussy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back