Found Another Dometic 8505 Fridge Glitch (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Up in the mountians at a little Camper Stop in Croatia, fridge set to Auto with EHU plugged in.
Every few minutes the fridge trys to light on gas but it has selected mains so gas solinoid is off. Switched to to gas it works fine so switched it manualy to mains after a few minutes warning bleeper starts sounding.
Checked the mains voltage 195v yes a bit low but what is the point of an auto stetting if it can't cope with a low voltage situation.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think it's fair enough cutting out if the volts is too low as you wouldn't get the same cooling effect BUT it should cut out the mains and prioritise another source.

Martin

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Not a glitch. At 195v it won't reach the temperature you set so it changes to a more suitable supply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The silly bit is the ignitor is trying light it but the gas solinoid is off so no gas to light. Another example of getting an idot who does not understand how motorhomes need to work to do design/progamming work.
You would expect gas solinoid & igniter to be interlinked either manually or in the software.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But that's the point Lenny said that it doesn't switch, only tries to.

Martin
Its possibly because there is mains connected, even though its very low, the gas solenoid senses mains voltage and remains closed yet the voltage is too low to be of use so the (intelligent :LOL:) circuit board tries to ignite on gas.
If it was total mains failure the gas solenoid would open.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I bet there's an expensive Moho gadget to monitor that situation... :)

Ref other threads on monitoring batteries, armpits etc :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Lenny - After my thread about the one thing people would change about their motothome, I decided to invest in a large, powered cool box (mini fridge) to give some extra storage for drinks, and to free up space in our main fridge.

Can you guess which brand I chose?
I'm too embarrassed to admit it!

Dometic Combicool RC2200 3-Way Portable Absorption Cool Box, 41 L, 12 V / 230 V / Gas (UK Spec) Amazon product ASIN B003Y41OX6

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny - After my thread about the one thing people would change about their motothome, I decided to invest in a large, powered cool box (mini fridge) to give some extra storage for drinks, and to free up space in our main fridge.

Can you guess which brand I chose?
I'm too embarrassed to admit it!

Dometic Combicool RC2200 3-Way Portable Absorption Cool Box, 41 L, 12 V / 230 V / Gas (UK Spec) Amazon product ASIN B003Y41OX6
Oh dear!Gluton for punisment.
I have a large very good one (not Dometic) at home still going strong after 16 years I think it was £70 from Lidl.:D

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Oh dear!Gluton for punisment.
I have a large very good one (not Dometic) at home still going strong after 16 years I think it was £70 from Lidl.:D

But does it run on gas / 12v / 240v ?

That's the thing with Dometic,
They have great product concepts, it's just the spec and the construction that's rubbish.

The Multi fuel option was the thing that made me choose it - especially as we spend so little time on hook up.

Anyway, when it goes 'pop' you can say. 'I told you so'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back