Found a motor home but it seems too cheap ?? (1 Viewer)

DEKYVM

Free Member
Oct 13, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stardream
Exp
Hi Paul,

Just checked number plate on a vehicle checker and this vehicle is currently subject to a SORN. MOT ran out on 2nd May 2018 and has not been renewed.

Ian1801

Free Member
Feb 24, 2017
N lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 424
Exp
6 months
Yep watch eBay loads of scams, nearly happened a few years ago to me, won a nice little van on eBay 10000 bargain lol. Wanted me to pay on Paypal said no.
Sellar said he would deliver it , said no we would pick it up would never buy something like that without checking it over,

So we set off on a 7 hr round trip to Barrow in Furness 10000 in cash looking forward to getting our new van. Knocked on the door nice old couple answered I said come to look at the motorhome , they replied what motorhome :cry:

Lesson learned ha ha

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
About 5 years ago we advertised our caravan (I know, sorry ... hangs head) on EBay ... we had it parked at home at the time ... the fields rise up with a wood on one side and our ponies were grazing in the field.

A couple of days later we had a query from someone saying there was another van listed using our photos. I messaged the vendor who denied she had stolen my photos. When I pointed out fields, trees ponies etc she became abusive saying what did it matter, why was I bothered it was the same model of van. After I reported her to EBay fraud team the listing disappeared.

Buyer Beware!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
what never cease4s to amaze me is the ease in which these fraudsters get money out of banks a while ago i wanted to withdraw a rewasonably large sum and the receptionist asked me what i wanted it for, paying dealeres and pimps evidently wasnt what she was expecting and there was no box for her to tick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back