Forlorn trio in our shed today (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
image.jpeg

This is our shed where we keep the mh and the working tractors, but today they were all out and these three were left on their own, the silver cross dolls pram was my late wife's when she was a girl in the fiftys , the standard fordson has been on the farm since it was new in 1943 hasn't been running for at least 20 years and the beetle is a "postponed project" of my son in laws.
Just thought they looked sad and snapped them with my windows phone.(y):)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
They do look sad. I love that beautiful pram, I always wanted a silver cross for my own children but they were far too expensive. It's still tidier than our garage:oops:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
doesnt every one have a shed or garage similar. we do down here . cant see any m,bikes or have you hidden them?
i wish i had had french windows in my back bedroom i live in a bungalow then i could park my kawasaki drifter in there as an ornament . its getting too heavy for me . be nice in there. think about selling it then dont want to .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
doesnt every one have a shed or garage similar. we do down here . cant see any m,bikes or have you hidden them?
i wish i had had french windows in my back bedroom i live in a bungalow then i could park my kawasaki drifter in there as an ornament . its getting too heavy for me . be nice in there. think about selling it then dont want to .
Funny you should say that, if I had changed my angle a bit , it would have included a bsa bantam behind the vw :)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i have cars ,vans ,trucks ,m,bikes , part built trikes . several push bikes . god knows how many engines and gear boxes . i forgot teardrop caravan . and loads of tents . cant sell them i like just touching them . ha ha .
cant ever understand the ones that get rid of every thing and go off for ever.
i also collect parrafin heaters ,camping cookers ,vapalux lanterns . gotta have interests .

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
i have cars ,vans ,trucks ,m,bikes , part built trikes . several push bikes . god knows how many engines and gear boxes . i forgot teardrop caravan . and loads of tents . cant sell them i like just touching them . ha ha .
cant ever understand the ones that get rid of every thing and go off for ever.
i also collect parrafin heaters ,camping cookers ,vapalux lanterns . gotta have interests .
Thing is they are only standing there hurting no one , never lose anything, why get rid(y):)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats too posh . where,s the 30ton press and the body dozzer. i even have a mobile lift mind i lent it to a friend awhile ago . the red and black beetle is on it in the pick. the engine was for this trike .
i still have the mould for that trike body . its in a lorry container in the garden . as well as loads of other usefull bits . m,bike front ends etc .

Attachments

• img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 62
  • img057.jpg
    img057.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
thats too posh . where,s the 30ton press and the body dozzer. i even have a mobile lift mind i lent it to a friend awhile ago . the red and black beetle is on it in the pick. the engine was for this trike .
i still have the mould for that trike body . its in a lorry container in the garden . as well as loads of other usefull bits . m,bike front ends etc .
Don't get me going, do you want to see jcb's , hymacs , fordson majors et al, no end if I get started, that blue bit in the photo is two major bonnets welded together to fit the major that's had a six cylender engine in it , another pending project(y)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
in the road i live we have traction engines . vintage cars etc , old buses , old m,bikes . hot rods . custom cars . mg,s . you name it its here . a machine shop at the end of the road that makes bits for anything .
if you bust your welder ,grinder etc someone has one and will lend you one . best street i could ever live in . plus in the village we have the biggest vehicle salvage yard in cornwall and two of the biggest truck recovery places as well. if you havnt got a yard of nice things you arent normal. even the old grannies love seeing what every one is up to . the kids like helping if they can . when we are converting a prison truck in my garden into a m,home they love being locked in the cells . thats the kids not the grannies . very often have three mates parked in their campers in the garden . nobody cares so long as you show them pics of where you have been etc . its a real nice place.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
John kept his VFR in the living room while we waited for the garage to be erected. neighbours objected to the plan and it had to live there for nearly a year. I trimmed it up for Christmas.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
View attachment 109657
This is our shed where we keep the mh and the working tractors, but today they were all out and these three were left on their own, the silver cross dolls pram was my late wife's when she was a girl in the fiftys , the standard fordson has been on the farm since it was new in 1943 hasn't been running for at least 20 years and the beetle is a "postponed project" of my son in laws.
Just thought they looked sad and snapped them with my windows phone.(y):)
And the Beetle is a 1303 model....lovely..

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Well spotted I hadn't looked at the screen, but is it a 1303 or a 1303s?
Cant tell from the pic, Cant see any disc brakes or drum brakes on the front,.... discs - 1303s.... drums - 1303. 1600cc or 1300cc twinport engines...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Well spotted I hadn't looked at the screen, but is it a 1303 or a 1303s?
Can't quite tell but it looks a bit S ish. The blue thingimagig is in the way of the front suspension.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
If I were a betting man I'd say a 1303 model. Dont think the S model came in that orange colour....could be wrong though...

The colour is Phoenix Red L32 or Brilliant Orange L20B....which makes it a 1973 or 72 model.

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Cant tell from the pic, Cant see any disc brakes or drum brakes on the front,.... discs - 1303s.... drums - 1303. 1600cc or 1300cc twinport engines...
I'm sure they both had discs at the front, the strut mounts can be seen in the photo but I don't think there's any suspension on it. The twin port 1600 was not a bad engine except for the no3 valve heads dropping off but not as good as the old 1500 which was bullet proof.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
in the road i live we have traction engines . vintage cars etc , old buses , old m,bikes . hot rods . custom cars . mg,s . you name it its here . a machine shop at the end of the road that makes bits for anything .
if you bust your welder ,grinder etc someone has one and will lend you one . best street i could ever live in . plus in the village we have the biggest vehicle salvage yard in cornwall and two of the biggest truck recovery places as well. if you havnt got a yard of nice things you arent normal. even the old grannies love seeing what every one is up to . the kids like helping if they can . when we are converting a prison truck in my garden into a m,home they love being locked in the cells . thats the kids not the grannies . very often have three mates parked in their campers in the garden . nobody cares so long as you show them pics of where you have been etc . its a real nice place.
Just seen this thread.....this is Les's idea of heaven (& our friends who have a version of your yard of their own)
.....made me laugh & Les drool......don't suppose you will be holding a meet at yours? ....they could all compare projects:)

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
Looks like one of us will be right but wouldn't put money on who.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And the Beetle is a 1303 model....lovely..
Is it something special then? He just bought it off eBay to convert into a trike thing, perhaps as well it hasn't got done yet then, it all runs, well it did but he has compleatly stripped it down, the body is just sitting on the chass now but not connected.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Thank you, a 1303 then with 1300cc engine. The die hard beetle fans would say it was not a proper beetle as it has modern suspension and is therefore not as valuable.
Maybe not as valuable but definitely the best driving beetles ever made, Mine was a 75 1303 Miami Blue.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Is it something special then? He just bought it off eBay to convert into a trike thing, perhaps as well it hasn't got done yet then, it all runs, well it did but he has compleatly stripped it down, the body is just sitting on the chass now but not connected.
Not special but the 1303 model were only made from 72 - 75 so they are getting rarer. I personally love them (y)

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
I agree they were the best to drive and certainly worth squirreling away for the future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back