Forgotten most of w hat I was told

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Angus dog, May 31, 2013.

1. Angus dog

Angus dog

Just home after collecting first m home.Dealer was excellent ,taking over an hour to talk through many aspects of owning a motorhome----- now how do I work the heater ?

Busy day tomorrow experimenting!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Yes, we were the same when we got ours, information overload. There's so much to take in at the one time, I'm sure you'll make at least one phone call back to the dealer before too long.

I assumed that hubby was taking everything on board when we had ours..........needless to say he assumed that I had been listening as back up:Sad:

The best way is to just get in there and try everything out, it will all make sense in the end. I still get mixed up with the pump/water/auxilliary switches on the control panel though:Doh:
    Enjoy your new van and the freedom it will give you

Margaret:Smile:

3. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Same with us. Even though we wrote pages of notes we still didn't know how most of the stuff worked. Ended up having to RTFM!
    Still have to refer to the appropriate page every time I go to switch the air blown heating or water heating on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

:Smile: Think we've all been in that situation as there is quite a lot to do and learn and the last thing you want is to do it the hard way and break something like I did, by just not knowing, understanding or reading the manual:Sad:

So I'd suggest getting yourself out there, getting either the kettle on or the cork pulled and look through the manual at the bits that are important, such as how to operate the fridge, the heater, the water heater and then the rest can be done in slower time:thumb:

I do liken mine to the starship enterprise.....have I flicked all the switches - affirmative, are the stabilisers up - affirmative, is the fridge door locked shut and switched to 12v - affirmative, is the gas isolated etc etc etc:thumb:

Keep us posted as to how you get on and don't forget you can ask any questions right here and there'll be someone who'll know the answers:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  5. 4matt

4matt Read Only Funster

Oh yes that always happens when you get everything explained in a hand-over.

My top tip is Take the instruction book away with you and sit and read it while you Drive :Rofl1: No not really. Read it when you are sitting in the Van and can see everything. I sat and read my instruction book while on our first trip away, straight from the dealers!! Were we brave?

Good luck and enjoy:thumb:

6. quickweh

quickweh Funster

Video

A good tip given years ago was to video the handover, did it on the last handover and worked well. A bit late now but there is a wealth of information here with the Funsters.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  7. JJ

JJ Funster

Don't forget to make sure both engine covers are fully shut before taking off...:Eeek:

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 2
  8. WillH

WillH Funster

We have had our van five years now and every February or march when we set off again I have to read the manual to check how to get hot water and/or heating on gas or electric!

Rgds
    Bill

9. Spottycatz

Spottycatz Read Only Funster

Thank god for this post, I thought it was just me :Eeek:

• Like Like x 2