Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
I mention this that 4 people killed 20+ seriously injured , this was in the Port Bou , La Jonquera, Capmany areas up to 50 sqare miles of forest destroyed . Sadly i bought a fantastic wooden chalet in Capmany about 18 months ago , this now ash . Apparently all fires now out

Alan:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Forest Fires

Sorry about your loss and hope you're well covered by insurance,buying any type of property in Spain at the moment seems to create problems hopefully things will only get better for you.
Alan

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
sorry about your loss

:cry:
I mention this that 4 people killed 20+ seriously injured , this was in the Port Bou , La Jonquera, Capmany areas up to 50 sqare miles of forest destroyed . Sadly i bought a fantastic wooden chalet in Capmany about 18 months ago , this now ash . Apparently all fires now out

Alan:cry::cry:

We have just come back from a holiday touring around the area. We feel massively sad for the loss of life and loss of environment. This area is beautiful and the people fabulous and we felt really welcome and would definitely return to to visit again.
Such a huge loss.:cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry about your place:cry:

We are heading down there soon.

The website says it isn't affected but this is Spain and I reckon they are desperate for trade.:Doh:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
So sorry Alan. I do hope you get a quick and handsome insurance payout. :Sad:

Ivy

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Hi Al,
Really sorry to read about your loss. Awful thing to happen. At least you weren't there at the time. I hope that all was insured ok and that insurance will cover it.

Hope you are both keeping well

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Hi Al,
Really sorry to read about your loss. Awful thing to happen. At least you weren't there at the time. I hope that all was insured ok and that insurance will cover it.

Hope you are both keeping well

Both well Garry if a little "flat" at the moment

thought we'd cracked it after selling our 5ver and getting chalet +small m/h.

Hope you two are enjoying R/V and keeping well

Alan

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
Sorry about your place:cry:

We are heading down there soon.

The website says it isn't affected but this is Spain and I reckon they are desperate for trade.:Doh:
All campsites open except Camping Les Pedres at Capmany but he hopes to reopen by September
The fires are nothing new in this glorious area and nature has a wonderful way of quickly re-establishing itself
Enjoy your trip i'm sure you won't have any problems

Alan

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
So sorry to hear about your sad news, losing something precious is always hard to recover from , as mentioned at least you are all safe, hoping everything is covered by your insurance

John n Kath

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Wow sounds like you have been lucky you were not there as sadly some things cannot be replaced:whatthe:

Bedwrecker

Free Member
Jul 31, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Soon
We also own a place on les pedres and have lost everything we have worked so hard for over the last 4 years. It's not the loss of material things that upset me, it's the memories we created and the memories I was looking forward to creating in the future for my children.
I was wondering, have you heard any news as to what we do now? Tried to contact owner of site but with no joy. Do we need to go over? I've seen a pic, it's all gone!
Should be flying out tomorrow for 3 weeks but have cancelled! It's so sad we loved it there.
Just grateful we weren't there, must have been scary!

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
We also own a place on les pedres and have lost everything we have worked so hard for over the last 4 years. It's not the loss of material things that upset me, it's the memories we created and the memories I was looking forward to creating in the future for my children.
I was wondering, have you heard any news as to what we do now? Tried to contact owner of site but with no joy. Do we need to go over? I've seen a pic, it's all gone!
Should be flying out tomorrow for 3 weeks but have cancelled! It's so sad we loved it there.
Just grateful we weren't there, must have been scary!
Sorry to be so slow at repying

I spoke to Antonio (Tony) last Tuesday on his mobile number and he confirmed the worst fears I had no response via e-mail or the main campsite number. We only bought our place last April after looking for years , so this news is truly sickening , sorry you had similar news ......I don't think there is anything that we can do so we will wait until October and go over as usual and use our m/h.
Alan

ps stay in touch either with/without news

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back