Foreign Campsites and Pets

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Wags and Wiggles, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Wags and Wiggles

Wags and Wiggles Deleted User

Hi, we are planning to buy a motorhome early next year (currently looking), and we take our two Cocker Spaniels everywhere with us (they both have pet passports).

Although not as easy to find, we have managed to take the two dogs to villas in France but can anybody tell me, are there any restrictions on the number of dogs you can take to campsites - in the UK and Europe - as we are planning to get a third Spaniel. I have searched the internet and can't find this information anywhere.

Many thanks
    Penny

2. 2escapees

2escapees Deleted User

Having inspected hundreds of campsites across Europe for a well known camping guide I think you will find out of season there is no restriction on the number of dogs you can take. If they allow dogs then you will be OK. If however you dogs are unruly or noisy then you will have problems. High season there are many more restrictions indeed many sites ban dogs altogether as do many beaches. try looking at

Alan Rogers Camping Guides - Camping in France, Spain, Italy, Britain

and search for sites that allow dogs both in Europe and the UK. A quick phone call or email will then clarify their position.

:thumb:

3. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Similar to Mike, above, Mo and I have checked hundreds of sites in the UK and Ireland for maximum dog capacity - and so far we have found just a very few sites that limit the number of dogs to 6 or more. Most sites will take three or four without question BUT they will charge you 'handsomely' for the priviledge!

4. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

I do not have dogs so do not take much notice but this year in France one couple were turned away because they had two dogs and the campsite rules stated only one dog/pitch.

Ralph

5. verity23

verity23 Read Only Funster

Many campsites state max 3 dogs only, so check before you book.