Ford warranty and Ford assist (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Just had one of my first trips this year scuppered. I have a 2 year old,(bought new from the now defunct Preston),Hymer Exsis on a Transit 2.2 diesel. Wouldn't start yesterday and called Ford Assist to be told the van was out of warranty and Assist service. I informed them that it was a 3 year package for both and still had a year to go,the service provider for Ford is the AA,they said my vehicle was'nt on the system. I told them likewise and was advised to contact the vendors.
I phoned Brownhills this morning to be told that it was 3 years for both warranty and Assist.
I rang Ford Assist again and was put through to the AA would told me again that it was out of Warranty,despite my insistance they suggested I raise the matter with Ford.
As it is now the weekend which now has been ruined,I will contact Brownhills admin on Monday and request them to sort it out with Ford.
In the meantime any reccomendations for a motorhome recovery service that does home calls.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
ADAC

Just had one of my first trips this year scuppered. I have a 2 year old,(bought new from the now defunct Preston),Hymer Exsis on a Transit 2.2 diesel. Wouldn't start yesterday and called Ford Assist to be told the van was out of warranty and Assist service. I informed them that it was a 3 year package for both and still had a year to go,the service provider for Ford is the AA,they said my vehicle was'nt on the system. I told them likewise and was advised to contact the vendors.
I phoned Brownhills this morning to be told that it was 3 years for both warranty and Assist.
I rang Ford Assist again and was put through to the AA would told me again that it was out of Warranty,despite my insistance they suggested I raise the matter with Ford.
As it is now the weekend which now has been ruined,I will contact Brownhills admin on Monday and request them to sort it out with Ford.
In the meantime any reccomendations for a motorhome recovery service that does home calls.

ADAC.... who by the way send the AA out.. ADAC has 17 million members in Europe and cover all Europe and yes the UK.. you even get a 0800 number in the UK, which goes through to the AA... and yes it does cover motorhomes including RV's

Bob

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I second that - Adac :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements