Ford Transit Mk7 radio replacement (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I've replaced the standard 6000 radio for a Kenwood DAB. Problem I have is I have lost the steering wheel controls and also the radio goes off when ignition switched off.

On my VW Transporter I had to swap two wires around for the live power to the radio to stay live, is it the same with the Transit ?

Not sure with the steering wheel controls though ?? any ideas ??

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I've replaced the standard 6000 radio for a Kenwood DAB. Problem I have is I have lost the steering wheel controls and also the radio goes off when ignition switched off.

On my VW Transporter I had to swap two wires around for the live power to the radio to stay live, is it the same with the Transit ?

Not sure with the steering wheel controls though ?? any ideas ??
Hi I have no idea as I've not done that . But if there is no response here ask the question on the Ford transit forum in the relevant section.. someone there will be able to help I'm sure..
Andy
http://fordtransit.org/forum/index.php?sid=3dd4d01db620c2e4b9ad5d71c860d014

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The radio will have two power wires: one for memories etc that stays on all the time & the other for the radio etc itself that is switched by the ignition switch. You need both connected to the 'Memory' power feed. The radio should have instructions on how it can connect to steering wheel controls.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
When I changed out the Ford radio in our 2014 Mk7 to a single din pioneer I would have had to buy an additional "loom" with connectors to get the steering wheel controls to still work, I didn't bother. If you connect both power wires to the "memory" positive feed you'll have to remember to physically switch off the radio when your not using it, else you'll drain the engine battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back