Ford Transit MK 7 Motorhome PCM Recalibration 15P 08 (1 Viewer)

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I heard about this in February so i contacted the local " Ford " agent at Scunthorpe who denied any knowledge of it but said if i paid them £90 to put the diagnostic on the MH if it needed doing it would be free !.

So i contacted " Imperial Commercial " based in Scunthorpe but a UK wide company and they checked and it needed doing and it would be free NO charges to put the diagnostic laptop onto the MH ,
it is supposed to be about reducing the chance of cracked pistons through over heat and if you think about it revving a cold engine to pull away is a good way to over heat a piston .... and wear out a clutch.

So all done and sorted ..

This weekend is the first time i have had chance to drive it ,

The MH pulls away a lot better , i have had problems with it stalling unless you gave it plenty of revs ,
The engine is smoother has more feel and is more flexible to drive , it is literally a different vehicle to drive ,
Fuel .. over 250 miles to Yorkshire Dales and back averaged 32 mpg (showing on the dash unit) and at 56 mph on the cruise control on the A1 was showing 34.8 MPG .
That is fully laden with water , fuel and Scooter GLW around 3620 Kg .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are you absolutely sure ?

It worked ?

Did not explode or leave you stranded up a mountain ?

I reckon you've been dreaming. This is the one that follows the one where Raquel Welch, in a rug, screams "no more big boy, no more, I can't take any more".

OP
OP
SUGGY

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
What on Earth are you Smoking or Drinking Brian .....:pop: