Ford Servicing Costs - Rip Off?! (1 Viewer)

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
my local ford dealer is advertising servicing for £95,my transit mk7 has done 160k miles and never goes to a main dealer

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
when you have a Habitation Check done, what does one get in the way of paperwork ?
You get a sheet of printed A4 with a lot of ticks on it - most of which you could do yourself.
You'll also be given another piece of paper, with "invoice" on the top and about £180 on the bottom - you'll then wish you'd done "the ticks" yourself.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
ummm ..... so how about no bit of paper, no ticks just an assurance that all the work was done at a total of £499 plus some thing called Seal Checks for £390 !

Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
Was having a look thru my Transit handbook today to check what Ford Assistance covers as I am taking it to Spain this winter. My Chausson doesn't need its first service yet, but I noticed that if it is dealer serviced then the Ford Assistance continues for another year and it can continue for 9 years or 100,000 miles.
This may be worth taking into consideration when comparing service costs

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ringing around Ford dealers locally got the first year service down to £165:) instead of the initial £252. Seems it "wasn't categorised correctly on the system"?! Whatever, it is worth checking & questioning especially as first service (2 hours) is just oil change, air filter & a lot of checks. Engine management software updates are also included plus Ford Assistance as mentioned above & stamp in book for warranty so not so bad. Shame they can't exclude the recovery for those that don't want it & make the service cheaper. Hope this helps those motorhome owners with Ford chassis - max you should pay for first Ford service should be £205 & shopping around discounts of at least 10% are possible(y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
WARNING : Ford dealers will automatically (jet?!) wash your motorhome as part of the service :whatthe: so worth asking them not to if you don't want to invalidate your shell warranty. We will stick signs on ours too...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Think i would go to Ford and tell them do it cheaper or im going to an independent, do it face to face you may get a discount (i mean a reasonable quote)
But i very much doubt it.

Most servicing is now done on a fixed price basis

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You cannot always trust main dealers,, I bought a Fiesta and it developed a gearbox fault in the first year but I had to have it serviced first to keep the warranty, 3000 miles and I took it in they phoned up a bit later and I went to collect, it paid £120 for a basic Service. When I looked in the bonnet I found that there was a little oil on the filler cap and nothing else. no drop around the filter or the drain plug just light brown road dust, I also was told they had checked to brakes but I had the locknut key at home by mistake???? They had done nothing, no oil change, no filter, no washer fluid(it was full) no airfilter but all charged for. as it was so low a mileage they could get away with it, but I could not prove it. It never went back after the box was repaired.

date and initial all parts like filters before it go's in I used to use permanent marker on all service parts on my ne vehicles.
changed the filters sir full service have you so you put my entail's and a date last November on all the parts you changed did you :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back