Ford service

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ips, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Apart from the fact that if you dont your warrantys is shot do you think a service at 5k 12 months old is really neccasary from a mechanical point of view or if it wasnt for the warranty issue would leaving it till the 12k service interval and prob 2yrs old suffice.

Not that I am going to leave it because of the afformentioned warranty issues just wondering.

2. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

My last new van was serviced at 12v months with only 1200 miles on the clock,on advice from a mechanic,no connection,to maintain the warranty. It was a short service and cost £120. If it was a delivery vehicle it would probably have up to 30,000mls in the first year,at least.

3. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

In a nut shell used engine oil turns acidic, do you want your big ends sat in acid
    12 months is a recomended safe oil change interval unless you are a high milage or extended long life oil user
    We have had a few customers with 6 year old vehicles in for a first service because they have low miles, to get the plugs out has been a head of jobby and sump plugs have been a sump off too, so you will pay in the end:RollEyes:
    Time is a killer too :Eeek:

4. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Thank you that makes sence I suppose.....and no I dont want my big ends sat in anything thank you :BigGrin: