Ford Recall On Oil Pump May Affect Citroen & Peugeot Engines (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone who has a Citroen or Peugeot based motorhome it might be worth contacting your local dealership to make sure that there isn't a recall for the oil pump. We have had ours replaced on our Ford Transit 2.2 TDCi engine today & understand that the same pump is fitted to all 3 makes. Ford have known about this for 18 months with priority high mileage users being notified first. The oil pump can shatter & may result in the whole engine having to be replaced so probably worth a phone call! See Transit thread here for more info. http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/new-recall-transit-mk-7-oil-pump-check-again-now.119234/

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
From web info. (not confirmed) looks like this could affect some Landrover engines too!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump into Recent for anyone that it may affect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Where have you seen where this affects Fiat or Peugeot engines? I can't find anything - but it was only a quick Google.

Edit: Just read the other thread, it looks like this applies to 2.2 litre engines only?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Where have you seen where this affects Fiat or Peugeot engines? I can't find anything - but it was only a quick Google.
Ford, Citroen & Peugeot (not Fiat) work together on diesel engines so share common parts. The replacement oil pump we had fitted was marked to fit Ford, Citroen & Peugeot so likely that there may be faulty ones fitted to all 3 makes but no confirmation or proof at present but may be worth checking with manufacturer.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Edit: Just read the other thread, it looks like this applies to 2.2 litre engines only?
Ours is 2.2 but don't know if limited to that size engine.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Auto Sleeper on a 2.2 Peugeot registered March 2014, I've contacted Peugeot twice and both times they have told me there is no recall my van is now 21 months old with 16,ooo miles on the clock.

John.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
When we first read on here about the Transit recall last summer we checked for our vehicle with local dealerships & were told it wasn't affected as not showing up on their system (nor on Etis) but we should have asked if there were any recalls on our type of engine as Ford have staged the release of the recall starting with those customers who are highest priority & do the most mileage. Now we have had both the software update & oil pump replaced which when we were notified neither sounded major but both are critical as can cause engine failure possibly even resulting in a replacement engine being needed! We understand that Ford garages have been very busy for the last 18 months replacing the oil pumps so a lot of vehicles affected. We were told that Ford has acted "quickly" on this recall so it might be that Citroen & Peugeot are just slower to react. Not trying to create concerns but just trying to raise awareness of a potential problem. Think that manufacturers should have to make public all recall info. as soon as known & not notify/release info. to suit them although do understand that they are managing the workload.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just had confirmation on our other thread from Funster Edenside http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum...mp-check-again-now.119234/page-2#post-1653874 that the oil pump recall does affect Citroen Relay 2.2
"We bought new Citroen Relay van in December 2012, converted ourselves and hubby services it himself. Had to go to Citroen garage last week to get a new key coded as we had lost one and that was first we knew of recall. Booked in Friday for new oil pump so yes covers Citroen Relay 2.2 as well."

mike13

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Peugeot have eventually got back to me regarding my 2013 Boxer with this engine, no recall according to them, i'm keeping the email in case this comes back to bite!

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
I have contacted Citroen, and asked about our 2011 2.2 Relay. They asked for the last eight numbers of my vin, and ran it through computer, result, my age of van is NOT involved.

It was encouraging to find they were aware of the issue.

mike13

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I have contacted Citroen, and asked about our 2011 2.2 Relay. They asked for the last eight numbers of my vin, and ran it through computer, result, my age of van is NOT involved.

It was encouraging to find they were aware of the issue.

I've done the same Nomadic, i just think that they are unaware of the possible problem as i have a very low mileage, i had a similar situation with my dash in which local dealer had never heard of any issues yet it appeared to be a common problem which i discovered on various motorhome forums.

mike13

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Mine's is a Peugeot, perhaps Citroen are better informed of the issue.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We have a Fiat 2011 Swift Escape 622 with the 2.2 Engine. When I did oil and filter change I noticed that where the oil filter fits it is stamped Formoto or something very like it. The oil filter is very different to our other fiats we have had Also sump nut is not the Fiat style. Should I start looking into this

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone with a Citroen or Peugeot based motorhome it might be worth checking with your local dealer with regards to this as so far one Funster has confirmed that it DOES affect his Citroen. It's only a phone call & could save a lot of hassle & potential cost in the future. Worth asking if any recalls on your engine even if yours is not showing up as part of the recall yet.

mike13

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
I've got more chance of raising the dead than my dealer getting back in touch, they always say they will phone me back and never do, Peugeot customer service i think are denying there is a potential problem with this engine, mine's is very low mileage so perhaps it will reveal a problem in the future, i'm keeping their email for future reference.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
I've got more chance of raising the dead than my dealer getting back in touch, they always say they will phone me back and never do, Peugeot customer service i think are denying there is a potential problem with this engine, mine's is very low mileage so perhaps it will reveal a problem in the future, i'm keeping their email for future reference.

Have you checked the DVLA site for recall's for Peugeot's.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - for any new Funsters who haven't seen this yet especially after confirmation from a Funster that this recall did affect their Citroen based motorhome.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
. . . . .. . . .l've no idea what that means
What years does that effect?

I'm not sure to be honest...I would only be guessing so best wait:)

to give you an idea my last two vans from 2011
were euro 5. My 2013 van, when I rang citroen service centre they new nothing about it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back